eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Link back to eBid from your site.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can also individually advertise each of your eBid stores here - that's each of the (up to) 5 stores per ID can have their own entry, for each ID you operate.

That site is due some major linking via RSS, FeedBurner etc soon, and with the topics covered, will be heavily ramping up traffic levels.

Gaz

The site seemed very slow to me.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bumping this for a response

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by a Google Page Ranked directory so people can see what advantages there may be if they add their own store link to your website? Thanks
    Where's HelenandGraham? Was I asking too many questions?
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by a Google Page Ranked directory so people can see what advantages there may be if they add their own store link to your website? Thanks

I would like to know.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PageRank

Hi Peggy,

PageRank is a calculation used to work out how important or relevant your website is with regards to its listing on Google. EVERY website is PageRanked, so I couldn't see the relevance of the previous poster's comments about linking to their site simply on the basis of it's pagerank. If it's on a scale of one to ten, I think mine's a 3, so I have a fair way to go yet. eBid, I believe, are now at 4. Apart from that, they change the rules every so often so it isn't impossible for anyone else to reach the high spots. This is my personal (and very basic) understanding of what it's all about and from what I can see, reciprocal links all over the place just do not add up to top pageranking as it's the importance of the sites and not just their number of links. I'll update on this soon.

Update #1: I have just checked and my own site is pagerank number 1,377,488 so I have more than just 'some way to go' to make it into the Top 100,000
    Last edited by nykmedia; 24th November 2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Update #1
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    The site seemed very slow to me.
    Hi Ken, yup - I've pm'd Ed a couple of times about it and I know he's looking into it.

Sometimes it's blisteringly fast, sometimes dead slow (which I've usually put down to network traffic between here and the US, or to inept ISPs here in Thailand, but have sometimes thought otherwise). The blog side of the site is very fast, so it may be the forum software, or the database - I'm leaving it to Ed to sort (it's his site after all) and just helping out now and then with links from other sites - bit like we all do for eBid.

One consistency I've noticed with it, is that having multiple boards open really slows it down on my PC and I'm sure that must be related to the forum engine. I know he's committed to that one because the developers are heavily focussed on security whereas phpBB has more holes than a colander despite being the most popular forum software around. And it's also got some cool plug-ins I'm looking into using it on my site (which is under heavy redevelopment this year) so the speed issue is something I'll be watching closely.

Despite all that, Ed's site could be a useful and fun hang-out as it grows - it covers a lot more than just online auction sites ...... and it's got that neat little retro-games arcade

Gaz

I have a banner at the top of my web site www.websiteforumz.com and sig links on forum's I use.

Smile Ebid on WVEnterprise-Online Shopping Mall

Hi everyone,

Ebid is now www.wventerprise.com and www.wventerprise.co.uk

WVEnterprise offers a range of wonderful gifts for various occasions such as holidays, weddings, birthdays, wedding anniversary, graduations, kids and other special occasions.

http://ie.ebid.net/stores/WVEnterpri...-Shopping-Mall
    Last edited by wventerprise; 6th February 2008 at 10:17 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A few more links back for you

Another refugee from ebay although I still sell on there, sorry don’t have much choice at the moment and I want to bring my customers with me before I leave. I added your site link to both my website and the site blog Sorry the site is open but still being tweaked and adjusted.

http://hotandvintage.blogspot.com/

http://www.hotandvintage.com/

Also added it to my sons site and blog

I copied across a couple of images from this page for the site links if you don’t like them let me know and I’ll remove them.

Good fortune in the future as your good fortune is also mine.

Hope to be getting my stuff on here as soon as I can but just getting back to actually listing on a page rather than in turbo lister, although my site has an Ebid lister plug in I just have to set it up when I get some time.

hotandvintage

Welcome everyone! If you are putting links on your websites, aas long as you don't mind what page on eBid it links to, make sure you use an affiliate link or buddy link so you can get money or points for new sign ups. Your buddy link should be on the right in your 'my ebid' page. For affiliate links, sign up with google adsense and go to the referrals section and search for eBid. If you sign up any lifetime sellers through the affiliate link, you get £35! For buddy links, you get 1 for a new buyer, 2 for a new seller and 5 for a new seller+.

Thread Information