Thread: eBid Logos

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Logos

I am having trouble using the editor feature on my all about me page, where i am trying to get the ebid logo transferred onto my all about me page.
    There is a URL link but my image is not in URL format, never done that before. I wanted to change the advanced editor feature (so I can use the basic uploader feature) which it says I can do in my defaults link but it is only offering features for my auctions there, no option for the advanced editor feature.
    Also when I tap into the boxes (even in the forums for smileys eg) I keep getting messages saying "Shift + R improves the quality of this image. Shift + A improves the quality of all images on this page."

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You select the editor of choice at the top of your My Defaults page: http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...-user-defaults - this choice applies to both listing and About Me descriptions.

URL is not an image format; it is a pointer to where the image is located on the web.

Forum Master
    All-About Salomina27
    Forum Posts

Thanks Astral. Ive found the default oprions but still having same problems when going into the various boxes in the editor. It keeps coming up with the message I typed above then when I do press shift button+R It doesnt have the facility for me to upload photo or image via basic uploader. Instead there is a load of latin text and it is all inside the box Image PROPERTIES rather than Image uploader. I was looking for a link withs imilar box like the one in the forums where you can upload any image or photo easily enough.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Following this: http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0014 will work equally as well for your About Me as for a listing.

The 'Latin' is nothing to be bothered about, it is just random text used to show how text will flow around your image.

The only bit you need to fill in is the URL field on the Image Info tab.

No idea about the Shift+A, Shift+R thing; I assume it must be something specific to your browser.

Forum Master
    All-About Salomina27
    Forum Posts

Thanks again Astral . Ive got the image put into photobbucket which means it now has a URL but still having problems. Also that damn shift problem seems to be happening not just there now (also "CTRL + 5 reloads whole page" message), so there is a problem elsewhere too I think. The URl code when I preview it just shows the red cross in a box with the word undefined to follow. Also the link keeps taking me back to the beginning of the page rather than where I put the curser. So Im going to have to see why Im having these problems. My computer is very slow at present and reloading pages and that sort of stuff. I dont know whether the browser is the problem or the memory is getting full (which I will sort) have already taken google chrome off this morning to see if that helps and gone back to IE but still problems.
    Thanks anyhow Astral, I will have to come back to this

Hi,

Thanks for the ebid logo, Gazza. Just added it to my blog and it looks great.

http://the-stamp-cellar.ebid.net/

The Stamp Cellar
    GB, Commonwealth & French stamps

Great idea!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anybody need or use the eBid logos these days? I used to have a magnetic car badge with the eBid logo on it, drove around with it for over a year (it was a scrappy old Micra so I didn't care about the paintwork that much!) I still have some of the old red logo packing tape, no idea who made that stuff originally. Maybe the time is right to start promoting eBid more again. I haven't updated my own eBid vector logos to the current orange set but shouldn't be much trouble to do so, just wondering how much interest there is in that sort of thing.

UPDATE: I've updated my eBid logos web page just now with the current orange logos: http://jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/ebid_media.html. These could be used for making merch such as tape, jute bags, hats, business cards, etc. If you use them for anything it would be nice to hear about it (with photos etc if possible!)
    Last edited by heatemyfather; 12th February 2021 at 05:01 PM.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

I actually found this site thanks to the tape they used to have

Thread Information