Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: a few parcel carriers

Would like to add few more as they might be useful to you:

www.parcel2go.com
    www.myhermes.co.uk
    www.parcelmonkey.co.uk
    Cheap Courier Services - Save Up To 75% - Get Multiple Quotes From Thousands of Feedback-Rated Couriers & Transport Companies - Free Service.

www.parcel2go.com = totaly useless customer service, can't recommend at all
    www.myhermes.co.uk = ok, bit slow, tend to get the most random people delivering and collecting
    www.parcelmonkey.co.uk = good, cheap, good customer service, highly recommend

All-About getyertackleout
    View getyertackleout's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could do with a reasonable courier who takes fishing rods up to 6ft long.
    Thanks for the useful thread.
    Promoting Responsible Angling In Manchester, Changing Young Lives.
    http://www.getyertackleout.com

Forum Newbie
    View catlady0014's Feedback (+7)
    All-About catlady0014
    View catlady0014's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Shipping to other countries and horrow stories?!?

I am located in the U.S. and I currently ship to U.S. & Canada. I have heard horror stories about shipping to other countries and that customs agents open items and if they like it, they keep it. Has anyone had this happen to them, or to a customer you sold to? When I sold on ebay, I just shipped to U.S. & Canada and ebid seems to be abit slower in sales and want to expand. Can anyone help? Thanks

Default Re: a few parcel carriers

are any of those in the US ?

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: a few parcel carriers

Whatever you do in the U.K. Please, don't go anywhere near Parcel Hero.
    I have had an absolute nightmare with them. Their customer services are terrible and they are really amateurish.

That said, I quite like Parcel 2 go. They have been really helpful in the past. It's just that their live help people are a bit naive and the email queries can take days to get answered.
    Last edited by kazeran; 3rd February 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Thumbs up collect+

Quote Originally Posted by dbdunce View Post
    Have used Collect + myself. Very cheap (£3.99 for up to 10KG) and insured (£40) with signed for and traking BUT recipient must collect from nearby store - usually news agent/petrol station etc.
    I have recently learnt about Collect+ what a brilliant idea. Regarding the big BUT ;-) it is not true that you must collect from a nearby store. This is a great option but they normally deliver straight to the door of the addressee. I'm normally not at home 9-5 so I would be very happy for a parcel to be left at a local grocery shop that opens from early until late rather than finding a "Sorry we missed you" card. Obviously you have to ask the buyer for their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by dbdunce View Post
    one thing I have noticed is that like early FEEBAY some postal charges seem disproportionally high. £20 to post an MP3 player who are you kidding !! Does anyone monitor these charges ?
    Postal charges are not used for calculating the final value fee so if you sell an mp3 player for a penny and charge £20 for postage you don't pay any fvf (actually on eBid 1p is a minimum fvf charge so you would have to give that penny to eBid :-). People started doing that in response to ridiculous fvf feebay charges, which feebay claims are very competitive (of course, as there is no competition), a natural self-defence reaction. But greedybay clamped down on that too and introduced p&p caps (also ridiculous in some cases). eBid has reasonable fees but I suppose people migrate to here with their anti-feebay defence habits...

Default Re: collect+

Not sure I see the point in this thread still being stickied. It's way out of date, and, unsurprisingly, early recommendations are followed by later warnings, perhaps as the companies grow, or perhaps as disgruntled users add their own experiences.

If we have new threads, perhaps they should be country specific: a thread for UK, another for US, etc.

Personally, having used MyHermes, who are, admittedly, cheap, I find nothing else to recommend them. They've been appallingly late collecting, in some cases a week late despite my following up with their useless live chat people on a daily basis. Each time I give up and go elsewhere... only to be surprised that 6 months later they're still in business... great, they must have mended their broken business, so I'll support them again... no, bad mistake. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me several more times, I'm evidently a complete idiot.

For parcels over 2kg I've switched to using P4D, who use ParcelForce 48 and are slightly cheaper than going to ParcelForce direct. Impeccable service. Though it still leaves me puzzled that there's such a huge jump, going from RM's 4.95 for 2kg to well over a tenner for even a single gram over 2kg.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information