Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by cherryjay View Post
    I am new to Ebid - have listed two items and now decided I woudl like the photo showing in the listings rather tha just a camera that people have to click on. I've been round and round in circles on the edit button and cannot find a way to make the picture show - I realise there is a fee of 10p for this but how can I make the photo show?
    Hi, welcome to eBid You can't change it to a Gallery Auction through the edit link. You will need to click on "List Similar Auction" (all existing details will be there) upload the pic and click the option for gallery. Once that one is submitted just delete the original listing.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryjay View Post
    I am new to Ebid - have listed two items and now decided I woudl like the photo showing in the listings rather tha just a camera that people have to click on. I've been round and round in circles on the edit button and cannot find a way to make the picture show - I realise there is a fee of 10p for this but how can I make the photo show?
    If you want the photo actually showing in the description part of the listing, you have to use an outside host like photobucket.

i need help at the beginning of the week i had 1827 auctions on ebis now i have 1761 when it comes time to auto repost they don't and i lose the auction i have the box checked of to email my when they auto repost but i don't get them. is there any way to get back ny lost auctions? at this rate i'm going to lose all my auctions. hope you can help me. plese email me at herkimer1959@hotmail.com

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Indian1955 View Post
    i need help at the beginning of the week i had 1827 auctions on ebis now i have 1761 when it comes time to auto repost they don't and i lose the auction i have the box checked of to email my when they auto repost but i don't get them. is there any way to get back ny lost auctions? at this rate i'm going to lose all my auctions. hope you can help me. plese email me at
    Hi. i wouldn't recommend posting your email address on a public forum. in my experience your missing auctions will still be available. email support@ebid.tv with details

Quote Originally Posted by Indian1955 View Post
    i need help at the beginning of the week i had 1827 auctions on ebis now i have 1761 when it comes time to auto repost they don't and i lose the auction i have the box checked of to email my when they auto repost but i don't get them. is there any way to get back ny lost auctions? at this rate i'm going to lose all my auctions. hope you can help me. plese email me at herkimer1959@hotmail.com
    Hi, before you lose any more, do a back-up of all your listings in Microsoft Excel using the EXPORT LISTINGS function in "My Ebid".

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Hi Gazza , is there a spell checker on ebid listing ? my keyboard is not very bright and could do with a little help , it puts lettrs in the wrogn place at tiems....
    Papa.

Default Summary so far

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    We see a fair few threads with people asking what to do about non-paying bidders and others wondering about sellers who have received the buyers money but are now showing a strike through on their username. So, TWO additions would help:

1. Clear, official policy regarding the appropriate course of action for dealing with NPBs.
    What can or can't eBid do? How much needs to be done via the police, trading standards or via the payment processor in the case of PayPal.

2. What are the rights of buyers who are in a transaction with a seller who is then suspended or banned.
    Again, what can or can't eBid do? What should the buyer do if they have already paid? Who can they turn to?
    This thread seems to have wandered off track, hopefully this will summarise it, plus add a few I've thought of,
    anyway Damian's two above.

Plus Lofty's
    Could we have a cleary labelled link to "Terms & Conditions" please? I need to look something up a can't find one. Having one on the FAQ's would be the ideal location. Thanks.
    Plus Peggy's

It would be good to have an explanations in the FAQ, Fees and Charges, of how fees are charged on the extras for:

On First Bid
    Run Until Sold
    Auto Relist

For example, are these one time fees when the listing is made and does the options run for the entire time the auction is listed.
    I think this will be especially necessary when the new platinum auction for silver sellers goes live.

This is what I've come up with.
    1) A clearer link to support or the contact us page

Also a How To on Contacting Support & the sort of information required to speed things up.
    ie
    for auctons :-
    relevant auction numbers,

for site problems :-
    error messages received (if any)
    your isp, browser, operating system

for subscription/upgrade/card problems :-
    error message (if any)
    isp, browser, operating system
    Card provider.
    2) An explanation of what a username with a strikethru means.

3) Clarification on the use of outside links.
    • in username/shopname
    • listings
    • shop description
    • in watermarking photos
    • on All About Page
    • in forum signatures
    Also
    Q) Why have I/has my my card been charged?
    A) to include:-
    • Explanation of what a subscription is
    • How to downgrade a subscription.
    Q)How do I send an invoice?
    A) something like
    • For Platinum sellers can send an integrated invoice via the AAL, this includes an option to pay via our payment partners. (Currently Pppay & Paypal) Other options can be offered by putting the payment provider & email address in the note to seller box. Also needed how to add payment partners to invoice & how to correct the paypal not adding postage problem.
    • For Gold Sellers with integrated Pppay. If you use Pppay as a payment option you can send an invoice via the AAL with a link to pay via Pppay. (Do gold members get the note to seller box?)
    • For Gold Sellers without integrated Pppay & Silver Sellers. Currently you cannot send an invoice via the AAL, you can however send an invoice or request a payment from the website of most payment providers. You can also send an email requesting payment to the buyer, which lists your payment options & details. It is also possible to generated a simple invoice using a word processor or spreadsheet.
    Added to FAQ's &/or added to the appropriate sections in My eBid

Q) Why can't I list an auction, that option is greyed out on the listing form?
    A) Check that you have not selected Run til Sold, or Fixed Price Only on the form

Q) I cannot delete a picture in my gallery
    A) Gallery Pictures cannot be deleted for 90 days after the end of the auction

Q) How do I change my shop logo?
    A) Just upload it, it will replace the old one

Q) I cannot see my new shop logo
    A) You probably need to refresh your browser/ clear your browser cache
    (add details on how to do this in IE, Firefox, Opera ect)

Q) How do I change my shopname?
    A) Go to My eBid - My Store - Just change the Store Title & click update store details button.
    Warning :- this will change your shop url, so you will need to change any links you have already used.

Q) How do I change my shop details/description?
    A) Go to My eBid - My Store - Just change the information in the store description box & click update store details button.

Q) How do I change my shop colours?
    A) Go to My eBid - My Store - Change the colours & click the update store details button.

Q) Why have I run out of shop categories?
    A) You can have up to 30 main categories, with up to 10 subcategories in each section.

Anyone think of anymore?
    Last edited by Gothicina; 24th July 2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: I missed one
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gothicina,
    That was really needed and you did a great job of bringing things together.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Smile Username Change

hI gAZZA,
    I have just joined Ebid and was a little hasty in picking my username. I do not think it a good one afterall. How do I go about changing it Gazza? I would like to change b4 i register for an upgrade silver/platinum.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    Gazza[/QUOTE]

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you would like to change your user name e-mail support@ebid.tv they will be able to arrange it for you.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information