Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Forum Newbie
    Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View stiffs123's Feedback (+509)
    All-About stiffs123
    View stiffs123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Gazza,i have won auctions and paid through paypal for the items what procedure do i go through if the goods do not arrive and the seller does not answer any of my questions

Default Microsoft Office!! Help

My computer does not have Microsoft Office, Is this why i am having the problems posting and editing my discriptions? Is it helpful to have this software to navigate through your ebid acution site.

Oh, forgot to ask. Last night i posted one auction in my store and only a camera showed up and not the picture, I would like a picture on all of my store auctions. In the past i've notice customers will pass you buy if they don't have a picture to peek their curiosity to view the whole auction. I deleted the auction so I have 0 in the store.

thanks
    sherri

No, Office is not necessary to do auctions, in fact it can do horrible things to your pages because it adds weird characters to the html in the background.

You will get a camera rather than a picture if you upload a picture but you don't select "gallery" for your auction. If you select gallery you should be aware that the auction is no longer free, and you will be charged a 2% final value fee when you sell.

Quote Originally Posted by millhousesilks View Post
    My computer does not have Microsoft Office, Is this why i am having the problems posting and editing my discriptions? Is it helpful to have this software to navigate through your ebid acution site.

Oh, forgot to ask. Last night i posted one auction in my store and only a camera showed up and not the picture, I would like a picture on all of my store auctions. In the past i've notice customers will pass you buy if they don't have a picture to peek their curiosity to view the whole auction. I deleted the auction so I have 0 in the store.

thanks
    sherri
    As Hazel says, no worries about not having MS Office.

Opting for gallery, to get a picture in the searches is a good idea, and though it costs you 2% of the final value that's far better than ebay where you get charged an extra listing fee for gallery.

Now that you have 0 in the store your store will automatically close in, I think, 12 hours. Not a worry, but you need to know that when you next use it you'll first have to open it.

But your store link works now! Get posting!
    Last edited by johnwash1; 10th June 2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: store link
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thanks for the great advise. I'm still having problems with the editing of my descriptions, I have tried it all 3 ways possible pluse copy & paste from my Turbo lister and it looks great and the way i want it to show. But when i post it to auction it goes back to block style and all runs together.

sherri

Forum Newbie
    All-About grandmaheart07
    View grandmaheart07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question new to ebid

Can anyone tell me what the cost is to open a store on here?
    Thank you

Default Why is my Description still in block Mode and Run ons???

Ok, last problem to fix before i start adding to the store.

I still am not able to edit the Description Block. What step am i missing? It is in the advance mode, i have tried all three modes and i am not able to edit it.

All i'm looking for is a simple edit functi0n like the one i am typing this forum in but i get nothing. I can't even read what i typed in the discription, no one is going to bother stopping by if they can't read all the information i post.

Help again
    sherri

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid, Grandmaheart. I'm a newbie also but i think i read in the FAQs that you get five stores free when you join at a certain user level (there are these levels that i remember: buyer, seller and seller+). The FAQs are very helpful as well as these forums.

EDIT: I must add that the FAQs (frequently asked questions) I'm talking about are on the "main" eBid page, not the FAQs to which you navigate when you're here on the Forums. Look in the upper left corner of this page and you will see a clickable link to the main eBid area.

OOPS. More edting. You go to the main eBid area, select your country's eBid, then look for "Help" in the menu running horizontally across the page. THEN you select FAQs.

http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#31

32) Can I open an eBid Store?

As long as you have upgraded to Seller+ you can open up to 5 eBid Stores straight away for no extra monthly fees.

Upload a logo, add a store title, create your categories and colours and set your store to "Online" and you are set. Upload auctions the same way you would normally and you will see an extra drop down menu allowing you to choose the category which the auction will be allocated to in your store.

All auctions in eBid Stores are shown as normal within our search result and category/subcategory browse pages.

To add alot of auctions to your eBid Store quickly simply download our spreadsheet from the My Bulk Upload section of My eBid and populate the eBid Store Category column. See question 18 also.

You can open subsequent stores for a minimal monthly fee of $1.99. If you set your subsequent stores to "Offline" you will not be rebilled at the end of the current month.
    Last edited by TexasAda; 11th June 2008 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millhousesilks View Post
    Ok, last problem to fix before i start adding to the store.

I still am not able to edit the Description Block. What step am i missing? It is in the advance mode, i have tried all three modes and i am not able to edit it.

All i'm looking for is a simple edit functi0n like the one i am typing this forum in but i get nothing. I can't even read what i typed in the discription, no one is going to bother stopping by if they can't read all the information i post.

Help again
    sherri
    The edit function in the advanced WYSIWYG IS like the ones on the forum.

Go to My eBid My defaults, at the top you get the chance to choose the editor type you want to use, make sure that Advanced WYSIWYG is the one picked, Then click the button that says
    Save General Defaults

Then just start your listing from the sell page.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sherri, Millhousesilks, this might be something you've already tried but just in case you haven't, it might help.

When you go to one of you existing listings, do you see a list in the left side of the page, "Auction Options"?

#7 counting down from the top is "Edit/Close Auction". Have you gone that route?

Thread Information