Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Forum Newbie
    Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View babestr's Feedback (+6)
    All-About babestr
    View babestr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Having the Contact Us actually mean what it says

Disappointed and frustrated due to going round in circles. "Contact us" appears to tell you that there will be a long wait if you contact and and if you wish to, click the link. But then you end up right back where you started. I suggest you either remove the "contact us" link as it only makes people angry when it does not do as it says. or you infact communicate with your clients.
    I have had a mix-up with one auction that should of been cancelled, I had cancelled all my auction months ago as they were doing nothing and I had to move abroad for some time . I came on just to see if my account still existed only to find one of the auctions had been relisted and low and behold had SOLD I had had nothing through my email to tell me there was a sale and this person was new to Ebid. This was their first buy so I wanted to let ebid know as they could be upset .Ebid may want to contact them about the mess and possibly give them some encouragement that Ebid is still a safe and secure place to shop. But then how secure can one feel if that person can't contact ebid. After all if I can't get hold of you whats to say they could? I am worried for the buyer not myself as they are new and must be feeling very disappointed.
    Having a link that Says "contact us" when clearly it will not allow you to do this just make us all feel as though you don't care and that is not very good customer relations now is it?
    Sorry if you don't like what I am saying I guess the truth hurts. But when you have just spent ages going round in circles like a dog chasing its tail you would be a little irate also.
    I wont be coming back to ebid, no point I have only ever had two sales and to be honest I dont like doing business through such a silent host. I don't feel there is any support for buyer or seller.

Quote Originally Posted by babestr View Post
    Disappointed and frustrated due to going round in circles. "Contact us" appears to tell you that there will be a long wait if you contact and and if you wish to, click the link. But then you end up right back where you started. I suggest you either remove the "contact us" link as it only makes people angry when it does not do as it says. or you infact communicate with your clients.
    The Contact Us link works perfectly well. All you need to do is READ what is clearly there and do as instructed. It does NOT send you round in a circle.

I have had a mix-up with one auction that should of been cancelled, I had cancelled all my auction months ago as they were doing nothing and I had to move abroad for some time . I came on just to see if my account still existed only to find one of the auctions had been relisted and low and behold had SOLD I had had nothing through my email to tell me there was a sale and this person was new to Ebid. This was their first buy so I wanted to let ebid know as they could be upset .Ebid may want to contact them about the mess and possibly give them some encouragement that Ebid is still a safe and secure place to shop. But then how secure can one feel if that person can't contact ebid. After all if I can't get hold of you whats to say they could? I am worried for the buyer not myself as they are new and must be feeling very disappointed.
    Sounds to me like you ended an auction that was set to auto-relist and that's exactly what it did. The system only does what it is told to do. It cannot guess what your intentions are.

I suggest that you either use the link I have provided above to contact support or email them directly: support@ebid.tv with your concerns and details of your problem.

Having a link that Says "contact us" when clearly it will not allow you to do this just make us all feel as though you don't care and that is not very good customer relations now is it?
    Sorry if you don't like what I am saying I guess the truth hurts. But when you have just spent ages going round in circles like a dog chasing its tail you would be a little irate also.
    I wont be coming back to ebid, no point I have only ever had two sales and to be honest I dont like doing business through such a silent host. I don't feel there is any support for buyer or seller.
    Again, the link works perfectly well for everyone else.
    Perhaps instead of leaving such a negative and incorrect post as this, in the future you might want to make use of the forums where users are always willing to help. You only have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Hi there
    I have been ripped off by a seller, I sent a cheque for an item over a month ago and did not receive the item or any response to my emails. I have emailed ebid support but did not get any reply. What can I do please help. The seller is still tading on ebid and looks like he's getting away with ripping people off. PLEASE HELP thanks sally

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Sally.
    The seller is not still trading, their account is suspended ( see the strikethrough on their name) and probably has been since you quite rightly left the negative feedbacks. ( a certain number of neg feedbacks in a row trigger an automatic suspention pending review).

If you've not had a reply from EBID support- your email probably hasn't got to them. the correct address for support is support@ebid.tv.

I'm assuming you've already contacted your bank to see if the cheque was cashed? If yes, you could send the seller a letter with those details.
    I see the seller has a website. have you tried contacting him via that site?

Forum Newbie
    View mba1942's Feedback (+10)
    All-About mba1942
    View mba1942's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you have come to the forums to find answers to questions that you could not find on our FAQ page, please tell us the question you need answering by replying to this and we will endevour to add it to the FAQ pages to help others in the future.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Hi your site won't accept my password you supplied thanks Mike

Default Charges

Any one else getting charges for a 'FREE SERVICE' only registered adn they are debiting my card but no where to find how to close this poxy thin?

Quote Originally Posted by stardawn View Post
    Any one else getting charges for a 'FREE SERVICE' only registered adn they are debiting my card but no where to find how to close this poxy thin?
    What have you been charged?

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Default Gazza

Can you please cancel my subscription and stop taking £1.99
    from my account. Daddyscupcake is getting upset with ebid

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyscupcake View Post
    Can you please cancel my subscription and stop taking £1.99
    from my account. Daddyscupcake is getting upset with ebid
    Sounds like you've signed up for a subscription.
    Subscriptions are recurrring payments which recur weekly/monthly or annually depending on what you chose when you set the subscription up. Only the person who sets them up can cancel them.

To cancel go into the 'my subscriptions' part of your 'my ebid and downgrade yourself to either silver or bronze membership

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stardawn View Post
    Sounds like you've signed up for a subscription.
    Subscriptions are recurrring payments which recur weekly/monthly or annually depending on what you chose when you set the subscription up. Only the person who sets them up can cancel them.

To cancel go into the 'my subscriptions' part of your 'my ebid and downgrade yourself to either silver or bronze membership

Thread Information