Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

Unhappy Seller taken off list

I bought an item on Ebid "Buy Now", and paid by paypal. Just had an e-mail from Ebid telling me they have taken the buyer off their list as they are unsure of his intentions. So what happens to my £61 that I paid by paypal, how do I get it back???????????????????????

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Marion.
    Do not know the anser, but I think you may be better off starting a new thread on the after the suction threads. Maybe one of the experienced posters will see it then, give you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by marion1 View Post
    I bought an item on Ebid "Buy Now", and paid by paypal. Just had an e-mail from Ebid telling me they have taken the buyer off their list as they are unsure of his intentions. So what happens to my £61 that I paid by paypal, how do I get it back???????????????????????
    Hi Marion,
    I think you need to start a paypal dispute to get your money back.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View willmaur's Feedback (+831)
    All-About willmaur
    View willmaur's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Lofty, Thank you for the response - what you suggested is what I tried yesterday and it didn't work, but today it did - so I've made some of the changes. But I still need to change my store logo from stamps to a postcard - I've tried doing that, but it didn't work - any ideas? Help much appreciated once again. Best wishes, Willmaur.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by willmaur View Post
    Hi Lofty, Thank you for the response - what you suggested is what I tried yesterday and it didn't work, but today it did - so I've made some of the changes. But I still need to change my store logo from stamps to a postcard - I've tried doing that, but it didn't work - any ideas? Help much appreciated once again. Best wishes, Willmaur.
    Hi, if you store the new logo on your hard drive, then log into the stores page. Select the browse button, click on the logo of your choice, then hit the download button. This should work and show the results if you click the refresh button on your browser.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Newbie
    View willmaur's Feedback (+831)
    All-About willmaur
    View willmaur's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Lofty, Thank you again - it all worked, although I had done all that before - except for the refresh button - that may be the clue. Anyway, thanks for the help - I shall know who to come to when the computer doesn't co-operate!! Best wishes, Willmaur.

Default can't post auction ???

I am new to this site, and just tried to submit an auction. I got as far as the "preview" section. I click on the preview button and it brings up the page, but it just shows all the html codes. It doesn't show the auction preview or anything, I can't click a next button or anything to just submit it. Is there something wrong with the site?

Quote Originally Posted by jcnoveltyshop View Post
    I am new to this site, and just tried to submit an auction. I got as far as the "preview" section. I click on the preview button and it brings up the page, but it just shows all the html codes. It doesn't show the auction preview or anything, I can't click a next button or anything to just submit it. Is there something wrong with the site?
    Hi,
    only just noticed this, your showing as a bronze member so you can't list auctions. You need to upgrade to silver or higher to do that.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Default TWO suggestions.

We see a fair few threads with people asking what to do about non-paying bidders and others wondering about sellers who have received the buyers money but are now showing a strike through on their username. So, TWO additions would help:

1. Clear, official policy regarding the appropriate course of action for dealing with NPBs.
    What can or can't eBid do? How much needs to be done via the police, trading standards or via the payment processor in the case of PayPal.

2. What are the rights of buyers who are in a transaction with a seller who is then suspended or banned.
    Again, what can or can't eBid do? What should the buyer do if they have already paid? Who can they turn to?

Forum Newbie
    View mariafx5's Feedback (+876)
    All-About mariafx5
    View mariafx5's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi i made a mistake by bidding on something i dont want, i know, but i am dislexic and read it wrong

Thread Information