eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make the most of your listings (from an idea from BLOXBOOKS)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Nice bump! But which of this thread's various strands are you rooting for? What answers are you hoping for?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

The thread was started to help members make the most of their listings, although some of the later posts have sidetracked it somewhat, the information is still relevant that is why I bumped it.

Tho now you've answered I've removed the bump, I've also updated a couple of my earlier posts.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 19th May 2008 at 09:51 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a read through, thanks for the good tips

Recommended to everyone

Forum Lurker
    Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View tiabooks's Feedback (+6)
    All-About tiabooks
    View tiabooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Gothicina
    I have been listing for a couple of weeks now and like others, I do get people looking, but no buying or bids
    I have followed a lot of the information ie contacting past customers to come over; BIN as well as a bid; putting items on for between 7days to until sold - incase some are picked up by google.
    It takes time I realise - but I worry that I have not picked the correct catagory for my items - as I make to order. I have tried to fill my store with as many different items I make to give choice. I sell other items which I also use, at competative prices, postage I do keep to a minimum
    If you have a minute please would you have a quick look and let me have any advise. I am not good with uploading, downloading etc. In one of the posts you mention the Gallery. Where do you put it? Also what is CSV I see when I do transfer my photos?
    Sorry so long, but thank you. Tia

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/tiabooks

Quote Originally Posted by tiabooks View Post
    ... Also what is CSV I see when I do transfer my photos?
    Comma Separated Values. It's a computing acronym for import/export files you can use with spreadsheets, so called because the content of each cell is separated with a comma. I doubt it has anything to do with photos.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    All-About tiabooks
    View tiabooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many thanks for that

Don't think I want to know - way above my head!

Tia

Tia books it may help you get started to add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    All-About tiabooks
    View tiabooks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello

Many thanks for the info

I have read the link a couple of times .... hummmmm - I will certainly have a go - thank you very much for that at least it starts me ... where I end up is a different matter!!

I have also seen sellers with buttons to show f/back from the other side. I would like to add this at some point, so that buyers think I am not a novice

I am buying bits and pieces - which will help

As to the prints - would you like them framed - we are framers!

Many many thanks for your help, bye for now

Tia

Quote Originally Posted by tiabooks View Post
    Hello Gothicina
    I have been listing for a couple of weeks now and like others, I do get people looking, but no buying or bids
    I have followed a lot of the information ie contacting past customers to come over; BIN as well as a bid; putting items on for between 7days to until sold - incase some are picked up by google.
    It takes time I realise - but I worry that I have not picked the correct catagory for my items - as I make to order. I have tried to fill my store with as many different items I make to give choice. I sell other items which I also use, at competative prices, postage I do keep to a minimum
    If you have a minute please would you have a quick look and let me have any advise. I am not good with uploading, downloading etc. In one of the posts you mention the Gallery. Where do you put it? Also what is CSV I see when I do transfer my photos?
    Sorry so long, but thank you. Tia

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/tiabooks
    Hi Tia,
    I've been looking at your items they are really pretty.

Love your Border Collie pic as well.

You already use gallery auctions.
    Some suggestions that might help,
    re think your shopname to describe what you sell, when I saw the link I assumed it was a bookstore.
    Maybe something like.
    Tia Handcrafted Books or Tia Handcrafted Books and Albums.

Make the store description, more about your goods, when google indexes your store, you want handcrafted, wedding christening albums, personalised, ect to be picked up, so get them in first, you can add a welcome later if you have room.

I'd also only sell your albums & books in that store, open a second one for your mulberry paper, blank cards, card toppers ect & put that under crafts.

Twice the stores twice the exposure.

Your store(s) will be featured on the frontpage & other main pages, once you have some feedback, as you've been buying that shouldn't take long.

You could also add some pictures of previously completed items to give more ideas to a buyer, either in your listings or you all about me page

You can add extra photos to either/both if you use the WYSIWYG editor, just put your photos somewhere like photobucket
    & use the add image link.

Hope this helps, good luck with your sales.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 23rd June 2008 at 04:57 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Default Quirks in the WYSIWYG editor

If you only use the WYSIWYG editor this isn't a problem.

If you write your own html & only ever use the plain html editor this isn't a problem either.

But if you normally use the plain html (or paste in an html template) & edit your listings in the WYSIWYG editor, this is when the problem arises.
    It doesn't like html shorthand especially as part of the style/background tag, & will strip things out.

To get around this, instead of using
    Code:

style="background: url('http:etc') repeat-x;"
    you need to type in the full thing
    ie
    Code:

style="background-image: url('http:etc'); background-repeat: repeat-x;"
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Thread Information