eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make the most of your listings (from an idea from BLOXBOOKS)

Quote Originally Posted by ABookAbout View Post
    (Bumping)
    "If you're a gold or platinum member, open a shop.
    First is free for Gold, up to 5 free for platinum"

How does one determine gold or platinum? I paid for 90 days and opened a shop, thinking it was covered. Am I missing something?
    Sorry this thread was started some time ago now, at the time the information was correct.
    There are still a few Gold Level Members who have not upgraded, they can still only have one free shop.
    Gold level membership is not available to new users anymore.
    Platinum was renamed Seller+ so yes you can have up to 5 shops for free.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Default store to browse

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    1. Have as many items on display as possible. Most buyers won't bother e-mailing to ask if you have any more stock that's not on display. Plus - no one likes to shop in a store that has only 4 or 5 items on the shelves.

2. Make sure your shop is in the "Browse E-bid stores" section.
    Ok so how do you do that? I looked but couldn't find the link or anything to do that// add my shop to Browse E-bid stores.

THANX,

WM

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Eztorun

You can check where your store is located.............

My ebid stores - on your main page to the right hand side.

Choose which store to configure.

In section 2 there are "category" & "sub-category" drop down menus.
    It will either show which category etc. your shop is already in, or if not, choose which best suit your store......& save any changes.

Hope this helps.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thanks for the bump, at last it prompted me to go and try setting up a store.

Several user interface problems:

1. If you don't fill in the fields in order, for example choosing text colours before uploading your banner, you lose the settings you chose.

2. Then, after filling in those things again, you click on save and get:

"Error : Cannot go online... Either no categories created, store has no title, no description has been added or no banner/logo uploaded."

C'mon Gazza, you can do better than that. WHICH???

This needs four explicit error messages, not a catch-all.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Right, now I've got a store. Woohoot!

Looking at the stores in the books category I'm 104 of 104. How is that ranking done? Is it because I'm a 'W'? (Used to have that problem a lot at school!)

Or is it because I've got nothing at all listed in the store? Will I go up the leader board as I add more items?

When I add more categories and sub-categories, will I be able to move auctions easily between them? At present I've no idea how I might organise categories, so this is likely to change as I get the hang of it. It would be such a pain if I have to close an auction and relist it just to move between categories.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Right, now I've got a store. Woohoot!

Looking at the stores in the books category I'm 104 of 104. How is that ranking done? Is it because I'm a 'W'? (Used to have that problem a lot at school!)

Or is it because I've got nothing at all listed in the store? Will I go up the leader board as I add more items?

When I add more categories and sub-categories, will I be able to move auctions easily between them? At present I've no idea how I might organise categories, so this is likely to change as I get the hang of it. It would be such a pain if I have to close an auction and relist it just to move between categories.
    Store are listed by the number of items in them, I think it's updated twice daily.
    You can switch items from category to category, or even from store to store via the edit item page.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

at the moment they are updated at 1pm and 1am your ranking moves up (or down) with the number of items listed in that shop... if you have more at 1 o'clock than the one that was above you you move up if not you stay in the same place... if someone lists more than you you move down a place

alyak46141414

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    You can switch items from category to category, or even from store to store via the edit item page.
    But if you need to move, say, 100 items from one category to a new one (or another store) you're stuck.. it becomes a very long drawn-out process

To get back onto the original thread.. I'd advise strongly against adding any BS to your auction - stick to the truth, add your own experience/feedback if you have first-hand experience of the product, never treat potential buyers as idiots. Look after them and they will look after you..

Thanks for starting the thread, Gothicina, lots of great tips

Steve
    InOurShopCoUk
    locked out, unhappy, desparate to list.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tempaccount View Post
    But if you need to move, say, 100 items from one category to a new one (or another store) you're stuck.. it becomes a very long drawn-out process
    Oh dear. And presumably likewise it's not possible to move 100's of items currently on auction into the store?

Have these points already been made in the Suggestions and Glitches forum? Was there any response?

I'm still trying to figure out what a store does for me that an ordinary auction doesn't. If people want to buy more from me, they can already just search for the items I have listed, so what's the benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Oh dear. And presumably likewise it's not possible to move 100's of items currently on auction into the store?

Have these points already been made in the Suggestions and Glitches forum? Was there any response?

I'm still trying to figure out what a store does for me that an ordinary auction doesn't. If people want to buy more from me, they can already just search for the items I have listed, so what's the benefit?
    Stores are listed on the stores page, & randomly featured on all the main pages, including the frontpage (as long as you have at least 1 positive feedback & it contains no adult items)

RSS feeds of not only your store(s) but your store categories are available.
    Gothicina.

My Stores

My Alter egos

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff

Thread Information