Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: NEW USERS ** - eBid Knowledge Base for answers to your queries.

Default NEW USERS ** - eBid Knowledge Base for answers to your queries.

The thread with the above title has been closed so I couldn't reply to it.. but i followed the helpful instructions within it, set up a Repatoo account and have managed to import my feebay feedback into ebid now. I believe this is the legit was of doing it (as feebay doesn't allow direct links....) at least I hope it is because the above thread posted by astral has been closed so i hope i haven't broken any ebid rules... can anyone shed any light on this?

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't answer your question, but I reckon it must be beneficial to have the feedback imported.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

From the horse's mouth...

The thread is closed because it is to make people aware of the existence of the information and not for discussion of any topics relating to it. The one time I did leave it open I was subject to an attack from someone who expected something from me (I have no idea what) and felt I was not sufficiently forthcoming with whatever they expected from me - so the thread now remains closed.

As to importing of feedback - using Repatoo is the eBid sanctioned way of referencing feedback gained on other selling sites. You can do that by importing the feedback to your own eBid feedback, using the Repatoo badge on your About Me page, listings etc. or even use both the import and badge together.

Using the Repatoo badge is a good idea if you continue to buy and sell on other sites - as it continues to reflect your current feedback across all sites you register on Repatoo. The eBid feedback import is a one off and future feedback gained elsewhere than on eBid will not be reflected.

There is divided opinion on the importing of feedback. As far as I am concerned it is a matter of personal choice and what I or others have to say on the issue should have no influence on what you choose to do. The ability to import is there, eBid allow it (and even direct you to it), so you have every right to do it if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    From the horse's mouth...

The thread is closed because it is to make people aware of the existence of the information and not for discussion of any topics relating to it. The one time I did leave it open I was subject to an attack from someone who expected something from me (I have no idea what) and felt I was not sufficiently forthcoming with whatever they expected from me - so the thread now remains closed.

As to importing of feedback - using Repatoo is the eBid sanctioned way of referencing feedback gained on other selling sites. You can do that by importing the feedback to your own eBid feedback, using the Repatoo badge on your About Me page, listings etc. or even use both the import and badge together.

Using the Repatoo badge is a good idea if you continue to buy and sell on other sites - as it continues to reflect your current feedback across all sites you register on Repatoo. The eBid feedback import is a one off and future feedback gained elsewhere than on eBid will not be reflected.

There is divided opinion on the importing of feedback. As far as I am concerned it is a matter of personal choice and what I or others have to say on the issue should have no influence on what you choose to do. The ability to import is there, eBid allow it (and even direct you to it), so you have every right to do it if you wish.

Well I for one wanted to say thank you to you for the helpful guide without which I might not have found out about Repatoo or importing feedback... which i have now done.

Thread Information