eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    All-About Trfty
    View Trfty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    Hi All,
    I just registered to sell on eBid and hope it will be as good or better than my experience on other marketplace. I am selling pet accessories such as grooming products, pet carriers, collars, leashes, and many more. I also sell health products and a few other things. I pray to have a positive experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trfty View Post
    Hi All,
    I just registered to sell on eBid and hope it will be as good or better than my experience on other marketplace. I am selling pet accessories such as grooming products, pet carriers, collars, leashes, and many more. I also sell health products and a few other things. I pray to have a positive experience here.
    Welcome.

If you have questions please ask on the forum or contact support.

Hi

I’m from Mauritius Island. I just start eBid now. I would be grateful to anyone wishing to explain how it works and give me hints. Sorry for my poor English, lol. My mothertongue being French. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by thebluetiful View Post
    Hi

I’m from Mauritius Island. I just start eBid now. I would be grateful to anyone wishing to explain how it works and give me hints. Sorry for my poor English, lol. My mothertongue being French. Thanks in advance. Cheers
    Welcome to eBid. If you have specific questions, I suggest that you start a new thread under the section entitled Kitchen Table. There are some forum regulars here who are quite helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluetiful View Post
    Hi

Welcome to eBid! Everything you need to know about buying and selling is located under the "eBid Help" link at the top of every page. If you have further questions you can always search the forums, using the term you don't understand - chances are someone else has asked before. The "Member Support Forums" are chock full of questions and answers.

Happy Selling!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Welcome to eBid. If you have specific questions, I suggest that you start a new thread under the section entitled Kitchen Table. There are some forum regulars here who are quite helpful.
    It would be better if a new thread was started on the appropriate section rather than in the general chat section called Kitchen Table

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    It would be better if a new thread was started on the appropriate section rather than in the general chat section called Kitchen Table
    Well, that’s true.

On the other hand, I remember when I started here and I found many things confusing and I was overwhelmed. I even found the forums confusing even though I had sold a bit on the bay and had used other message boards as well.

It doesn’t hurt for a newcomer to start an introduction thread in the kitchen table section to get things going. They can ask for advice there if they wish.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=FirstGreenIsGold;1702689
    .......I even found the forums confusing.....[/QUOTE]

Me too. I had never been on any forum, and did not know what a thread was even!

Another forum? You mean there is more than one? Why? What is wrong with this one?

A board? What board? What the heck is that all about? And the sheer horror of possibly making a fool of myself in this new environment........ I was a nervous wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Me too. I had never been on any forum, and did not know what a thread was even!

Another forum? You mean there is more than one? Why? What is wrong with this one?

A board? What board? What the heck is that all about? And the sheer horror of possibly making a fool of myself in this new environment........ I was a nervous wreck!
    Yes. That's how I felt. When a person is learning something new all the details / aspects can be overwhelming.

Then came trying to open up a store. I read old posts / threads trying to figure it out and I was grateful for the information.

How to do the banners and the colours. Add the categories. Add avatars to forum and About Me page.. Add signature lines for forum. Also trying to figure out what I'll be charged when I take my item to Canada Post. A person never knows for sure. The postage charged depends on the clerk and the day.

Selling online has been an interesting learning experience.

Hi, I haven't been here for a long time, just thought I'd poke my nose through the door and see what's occurring.

Thread Information