eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

Default Re: Let's start by saying what crafts we are interested in

Quote Originally Posted by aries458
    Just browsing about and saw Gary and Mark added this forum! Thanks guys!
    Well, I do pottery, jewelry making, painting and lampworking (making glass beads).
    If anyoneis interested in hand made beads, let me know :wink:
    Lampworking has always fasinated me! I'd love to see some of your work Aries. How long have you been doing it?

Well, I do pottery, jewelry making, painting and lampworking (making glass beads).
    are those beads you had on auction the other week ones you have made yourself aries?

How fantastic!!
    Hi everyone and thanks to Hely for pointing me here.
    I do loads of different crafts to keep me off the streets!!!
    I suppose card-making is my BIG love! including all the different aspects of it, embossing, sizzix, iris folding, vellums, chalks, peel-offs you name it.
    Watercolouring is also a favourite and I get that mixed in with the cards too.
    Cross-stitch and tapestry, although I have one or two things needing to be finished, but that's the beauty of it, you can just pick up from when you left off.
    I used to knit and make clothes, but the arthritis gets in the way of doing them now-a-days.
    The grandkids keep me busy with jewelery making, painting, making very strange creatures etc.
    I have tried my hand at most crafts one way or another and I love the feeling of satisfaction that crafting brings, especially with the knowledge that crafters never make mistakes, it just gets done differently this time!!!
    I suppose its a case of if it's there it's used for something!
    Yes, crafting is my thang!
    LUNA ST GEMS
    For All Your Crafting Needs

http://sumo.ebid.co.uk/perl/objects/...&type=user

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing many different crafts over the years. I started with crochet, then tapestry, embroidery and dressmaking. I had a go at patchwork, knitting and rugmaking. Currently I am doing plaster and stone casting, miniature scenery and building modelling. I create things for model railways, dolls houses and war games.

I love working with different materials and experimenting with different ways to create different pieces and effects. I love the painting (I am ruining most of my clothes by getting paint and glue all over them). I have a room full of bits and pieces that I have kept because I think I can make something out of them.

I also paint the miniature models used in war games, it is one of my sons hobbies but he dosen't like painting them as they are so tiny.

I am happy to have a go at most things. It seems a shame that making things is becoming quite rare these days. It is nice to see this forum and make contact with other like minded people.

Hi everyone!

I too am a rubber stamper/card maker as well as indulging in clay, cross stitch (very rarely), glass etching, candle making, metal embossing, paper making, jewellery making and various other things that I can't even think of now LOL. Basically I like to walk through the craft store and look at *everything* and if something catches my eye, I'll buy it and try it once. If it turns out crap I won't try it again lol.

I have my own line of embossing powders and I'll be posting some on ebid soon!

Valerie

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beautifultemptress
    Hi aries458

How do you do lampworking? Is it very hard? And do you need much equipment?
    Sorry, I just saw this...I must be getting feeble minded and forget about this section...LOL
    Lampworking is like anything else in art, just practice. You can buy glass rods from many companies in various sizes to get started. There are also many sites that offer tips and instructions that I have found helpful.
    A propane torch ( I don't know if you can get the small ones in the UK, I use the ones plummers use for copper pipes a MAPP torch) is the main equipment, along with a beading rod (and here's where I use cheap methods, a welding rod can be used, cheaper than the bead rods recommended!)
    A fire proof blanket, (I use a 12x12 tile from a flooring shoppe)
    It's an exciting craft once you learn the basics and the things you can make...oooooo, perfume beads/bottles, your own glass beads, etc.
    I have not seen much sold on ebay UK, none here, but do a search on bead making or lampworking and you'll soon be drooling on something else to add to your list...
    Playin in the mud

Hi Aries,
    have had a look round and found some really good sites, have got a propane torch in the shed, so once i have done a bit more reading and sourced some materials guess what i am going to try? :lol:

here is a site i found, if anyone else is interested:

http://www.schermobeads.com/beadmaking/beadmaking.html

shows you the basics, and equipment needed, very basic, but easy to understand!!, there are heaps of sites though, when you search with google, and lots of relally nice beads and ideas!

:lol: :roll: ops: :roll: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: I like cross stitching and knitting but if I lose the urge it's cracko. I have been knitting a pair of socks for my daughter for over a year now and still haven't finished them.. but she and her husband have got just about everything so I thought a pair of hand knitted socks would be unique. Well I finished one pair. then they wanted more so after about 8 prs. I guess I just ran out of steam. Then I bought loads of cross stitch material and the cottons and decided to try some small pieces. Now I have about lost interest in that. What should I try next. It has to be something that is small and can be done quickly for I have a short attention span....Keep well everyone.

Hi Crafters. =D>
    I like card making in many forms, 8) Parchment, Stamping, Heat embossing, Light embossing, Tea bag folding, Quilling, 3D decoupage, Stenciling, or just collage with scraps.

I make wire flowers and teach Ganutell which is the Maltese craft of decoration.

I make stainedglass windows.

And savage ops: , a form of napkin craft, silk painting, encaustic art and french bead flowers.
    Looking forward to reading about the lampwork beads that Aries does, missed them being on sale, hope you put some more up for sale soon.
    I really like most forms of crafting. Its a great way to unwind after a stressful day ](*,)

Lorraine

Mt. Marion New York, Avon, United Kingdom
    View aries458's Feedback (+470)
    All-About aries458
    View aries458's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by helymojo
    are those beads you had on auction the other week ones you have made yourself aries?
    Hi Hely! Sorry I didn't answer sooner, keep forgetting to check here and when I do, no one has posted for a bit...LOL...I'm away fro the craft section a couple of days and ....WHAM! more posts...
    The beads I had up were collected from the Tuscon show I attend in February in Arizona. I make stoneware beads and have been doing much of them this past week to put up on ebid and my web site. Never find enough time to get everything I want done.
    designedbyfrances
    Hi Frances! For about 2 years I've been doing the lampworking. My biggest problem is:
    I start one project, then onto another, then another...it goes on and on...I get ideas in the middle of the night, wake up, start on them...It's awful!
    Playin in the mud

Thread Information