eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch List Counter

Default Re: Watch List Counter

gazza,

i've been asked a few times to add 'who is watching' to my system, but on the whole buyers would be freaked out at the thought of a seller knowing that they were watching. so while eBays new layout makes it easy to gather 'who' (if logged in) i'm sidestpping that issue.

the thought of being spammed by a seller during/after an auction sends shivers down my spine !

bb

gazza,

i've been asked a few times to add 'who is watching' to my system, but on the whole buyers would be freaked out at the thought of a seller knowing that they were watching. so while eBays new layout makes it easy to gather 'who' (if logged in) i'm sidestpping that issue.

the thought of being spammed by a seller during/after an auction sends shivers down my spine !

bb

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

BUMP

Could we have a watch list counter for sellers on items please, so that sellers know exactly how many people have put the item on their watchlist?

Maybe incorporate this into My eBid - Auctions I'm selling....

Thanks!

Can we also have a 'Number Of Times Viewed' counter please.
    Check out my auction webpage -

www.coastaltrading.co.uk

Battersea, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View rainbowcraft's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About rainbowcraft
    View rainbowcraft's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edjxp
    Can we also have a 'Number Of Times Viewed' counter please.
    Haven't we already got that? :?

Not unless we go into the actual auction. I would like to see it along with the list of current auctions within 'my ebid' that way we are not adding to the number of 'hits' and it's not taking a month of sundays to find out.

Frances

Forum Newbie
    View jlovie's Feedback (+326)
    All-About jlovie
    View jlovie's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I would like is a counter summary page, as at present I have to look at each auction, which adds another hit.
    Also, watchlist counter would be usefull - I don't need to know who's watching, just the number of times item has been added to watchlist

Definitely don't think anyone should have access to a list of names watching. Some people would consider that a serious invasion of privacy.

Moreover, I know some people go around 'watching' auctions on eBay that they think look somewhat dodgy. If such sellers got wind of that it might interfere with fraud detection.

I don't even see what good knowing a count is, really. It's just a warm substitute for actually making a sale, isn't it? Understandable, at this time of year, with things being rather slack, but it doesn't actually give sellers anything that helps them modify their future auctions to gain better sales. Does it?

Or maybe it does. What I know about marketing can be scribbled on a postage stamp, so I'm willing to learn.

By the way, a big thank you to all my past buyers, and would you like the loyalty bonus card I'm designing :?:

As Humph Lyttleton says: Points Means Prizes!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1
    Definitely don't think anyone should have access to a list of names watching. Some people would consider that a serious invasion of privacy.

Moreover, I know some people go around 'watching' auctions on eBay that they think look somewhat dodgy. If such sellers got wind of that it might interfere with fraud detection.

I don't even see what good knowing a count is, really. It's just a warm substitute for actually making a sale, isn't it? Understandable, at this time of year, with things being rather slack, but it doesn't actually give sellers anything that helps them modify their future auctions to gain better sales. Does it?

Or maybe it does. What I know about marketing can be scribbled on a postage stamp, so I'm willing to learn.

By the way, a big thank you to all my past buyers, and would you like the loyalty bonus card I'm designing :?:

As Humph Lyttleton says: Points Means Prizes!
    I'm hedging my bet's here, and hope that admin come down on the side of counters only.
    I ,as a not quite what could be called a prolific buyer, (at the moment)
    Buy if I want to with a straight forward bid. :wink:
    The watching item, I myself only use out of interest, i.e. the prices that certain types of item are sold at. (for future reference) meaning how much I will bid if a similar wanted item appears for sale.
    I would not as you say appreciate a seller knowing what I was personally watching.
    A postage stamp comes to mind with my marketing skills too. :mrgreen:
    But not wishing to point any specific finger, is there not the possibility of shilling within the context of the request?
    I'm sure someone will correct me if not. ops:
    I'm sure a buyers input would be taken into consideration too.

Forum Newbie
    View toddsgarage's Feedback (+56)
    All-About toddsgarage
    View toddsgarage's Listings
    Forum Posts

At a minimum, what about simply, "X Watchers," where X is the number of users who have added the item to their watch item list? The number of watchers could (and should) be visible to all page visitors, similar to what Ebay has done for a number of years. I'd certainly find it useful information. Is this project still on the to do list?

Todd

Thread Information