eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Items disappearing into the ether

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Items disappearing into the ether

Ive put my stores into holiday mode for a while i sort my stock out, a lot im pulling off as no one is interested here (its been on for at least 5 years)!. Some will go to charity. I also have a huge box of items that should be listed but are not! Fed up of finding things that should be listed and are not, i think i am wasting my time.
    I have never used a spread sheet and wouldnt know were to start and at the moment i dont have a word processing package.

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    Ive put my stores into holiday mode for a while i sort my stock out, a lot im pulling off as no one is interested here (its been on for at least 5 years)!. Some will go to charity. I also have a huge box of items that should be listed but are not! Fed up of finding things that should be listed and are not, i think i am wasting my time.
    I have never used a spread sheet and wouldnt know were to start and at the moment i dont have a word processing package.
    No word processing package? Not sure if that's relevant for ebid, but download LibreOffice, free (open source) excellent replacement for MS Office and can use compatible file formats.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I used to find that items were lost or, in someways more damaging, reposted after I'd sold them (when I was away on holiday and not logging in to eBid). This has not happened for a while. I just edit the items back to 10 auto reposts just before they end, like FirstGreenisGold. I tried the staggered approach but I have no evidence it helps sales and it is much more work.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=madelaine;1702928]I used to find that items were lost or, in someways more damaging, reposted after I'd sold them (when I was away on holiday and not logging in to eBid). This has not happened for a while. I just edit the items back to 10 auto reposts just before they end, like FirstGreenisGold. I tried the staggered approach but I have no evidence it helps sales and it is much more work.[/QUOTE
    Tried the 10 reposts thing as above. my listing have been going around in a loop for many years so i assumed they would all still be there. I found a lot of items missing that should be listed. One thing i have found though with the multi listings is if i had sold one copy of say a knitting pattern the remaining copies had disappeared. Other items have been going missing for years i used to think why has such a thing not sold as usually my multi buyers would snap such items up. Do you all use spreadsheets?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lots of my listings kept disappearing. No, didn't use spreadsheets.....I trusted that the site would be set up in a way to work. Items on other sites don't go walkabout.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=purplestevie;1702988] Do you all use spreadsheets?[/QUOTE]

No idea how to use the Spreadsheet option either - but being used to using TurboLister in the past, I now use eBid's NinjaLister as it's a complete record of everything I've listed/have on eBid - I don't delete anything off Ninja so all 2,800+ items I have here on eBid are also kept on Ninja. More importantly - always, always BACK UP any new Ninja files.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've worked out how it works, it's fine. Worth looking at.

HTH.

Thread Information