eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone here?

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2288)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone he

Uploading a picture to your new listing is very simple. When posting your item, in the Photos section, click on the "Choose Photo" button, then when taken to the Gallery section select either the Advanced or Simple Image Upload Form links available on the green header bar. If using the Simple Image Upload Form you can input the location of your image. If the image is on your PC select 1) Locate photo or zip on your computer and hit the "Browse" button to locate the photo on your computer. If the image is stored elsewhere on the Internet select - 2) Enter URL of photo and enter the location of your image on the internet. The Advanced Image Upload Form enables you to select and upload multiple images quickly and easily from your PC.

By default images are uploaded and can be managed from the folder named "General" in your "My Gallery" section. You can add a new folder to your "My Gallery" section by using the dropdown menu at "Upload to Folder" and select the Add New Folder option.

Files should be BMP, GIF, TIF, PNG or JPG and should be below 25MB in size.

In the Simple Image Upload Form you will also be able to add a Title to your pictures to aid you in finding and filing your images.

You can add multiple images by uploading your images within a Zip file. To do this go to My eBid > My Gallery and on the Image Upload Form choose 1) Locate photo or zip on your computer. Click the button to browse your hard drive for the the Zip file. Please ensure that only BMPS, GIFs, JPGs, TIFs and PNGs are included within the zip and the zip file size is less than 200MB. More information on creating a Zip file.

Once you have the photo(s) uploaded to "My Gallery" then click the "use this picture" link or alternatively tick multiple boxes to choose more than one photo and then hit the "Use Selected Images" button. Please note SELLER+ accounts can add up to 15 free pictures in their auctions for free. SELLER users can add 1.

Images will be kept within your "My Gallery" section for a 325 day period after they become unused (eg. not being used within a live or closed listing). If you wish to use some images within your listing description that are not being used in the photo section also we recommend not hosting these in "My Gallery". Use a free online photo hosting site such as Snapagogo.com Free Photo Hosting and use your hosted photo within your listing description.

If you have posted a listing with the listing types Free or Standard then you will see a camera icon against your listing in the category listings and search results rather than a thumbnail picture. To see a thumbnail picture SELLER accounts can upgrade individual listings using the Platinum listing type and SELLER+ accounts can upgrade listings using the Gallery listing option. Both subscription types can also post listings as Featured and Frontpage to obtain a thumbnail picture in the listings. From the help selection

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2288)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone he

yeh this does make it slow as you have to add pics individually OR you can click on the tab [bottom of spreadsheet] 'Instructions-read me first' which gives you this:
    Column F
    Image URL or Image filename. Your photos can already be located on the internet or from your hard drive. If using images from your hard drive then you will need to create a zip file with the tab delimited data file AND the image files you refer to in the data file all included inside the zip.

If using URLs. enter the url shown within your My Gallery section of My eBid or a url to any picture on the internet and we will fetch it and upload it for you when we process your auctions. Don't forget GALLERY listings require a photo. Free and Featured auctions do not but can have one if you wish. SELLER+ are allowed up to 15 free photos, separate by adding ## between URLs.

If you are uploading to the Books & Magazine category then you are able to use GALLERY without adding an image but only as long as you have ISBN number set in column D. We will endevour to add a stock photo to your listing in this case.

Thread Information