eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone here?

Default Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone here?

I've spent quite a lot of time uploading stock to ebid.
    I was thinking that if I did so, I would at least get some sales, but no. Not even an enquiry.
    Is there anyone selling on here.
    Before anyone says anything about there being no photos
    I haven't found a way to add photos to the spreadsheet bulk upload yet as it would be very time consuming to search them out on my computer, as not all of my stock has them in anycase

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone he

Two things after a quick look - no images and/or gallery pictures and using Run 'til Sold which keeps your listings at the bottom of any search lists.

You also have a link to your selling website on your About Me page - that could get you banned, so best remove it ASAP. But nothing about your trading t's & c's, returns policy, etc.

Default Re: Just uploading my stock over 8,000 books so far. Not one sale yet? Is anyone he

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Two things after a quick look - no images and/or gallery pictures and using Run 'til Sold which keeps your listings at the bottom of any search lists.

You also have a link to your selling website on your About Me page - that could get you banned, so best remove it ASAP. But nothing about your trading t's & c's, returns policy, etc.
    I don't understand why run til sold should not give me the same exposure as other listers. Especially as it's a BUY IT NOW option

Regarding the link, will take it out. Thank you for your observation. Terms and Conditions will look at that too.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksbygones View Post
    I don't understand why run til sold should not give me the same exposure as other listers. Especially as it's a BUY IT NOW option

Regarding the link, will take it out. Thank you for your observation. Terms and Conditions will look at that too.

Thank you.
    It depends. If it's in a category with few other items then it won't make a difference. But if there are many others, yours will be near the bottom of the list.

And of course it also depends on how people are locating items to buy, whether they're just browsing, or doing very targetted searches.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

If your items are rotating they will show up on the front page for your country's site, where someone might notice you and take a look through your listings.

Also, I understand that international shipping is very expensive, but offer to ship to any other countries that you're comfortable with even if the price seems outrageous. That way buyers from around the world can see your items. It doesn't hurt. Sometimes a person will pay the shipping for an uncommon item that they really want.

Pain, Fiona & Wilcox, Libby (compiled by) Leith, Prue (foreword by). Two Not-so-
    I see you are in Canada. If you browse for this item, you will see that I already offer international shipping. Can you not see that from your site?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

At one time I stocked 4000 books on Ebid, and they sold steadily.

• I never listed heavy books because of the postage
    • I always had an image.
    • I loaded with the spreadsheet and the image name was always the SKU so the spreadsheet loaded it without me looking anything up
    • Always sold by 10 day auction, never run-until-sold
    • I never sold any book for more than £1, except the books I had written myself
    • My sales tailed off as postal prices rose, and that led to me selling off my entire stock for a satisfying sum
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by IkonArt View Post
    Thats cause Ebid is crap ive only been on few weeks Realised that its worse than Sphock

I see you have your listings on 'run until sold' despite the advice above. Do you have the word 'Exempt' in the bar code box to get your items onto Google Shopping if your items do not have a code or ISBN number ?

You have only been here a short time you can't expect instant results like the big sites. eBid is a small site and has never raised it's fees since I've been here so they don't advertise. You need to give it some time and make yourself known and build up your customer base. Use the plug forum, one thread allowed which can be bumped once every 24 hours and tell people you are now selling here on social media sites. eBid is a very cost effective platform but I'm afraid you need to do some work if you want sales and not pay high fees.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a buyer I do want to see what I am paying for, so I think a photo is a must. Although the saying goes that you can't judge a book by its cover, what I see plays a large part in the decision to buy( or not)

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    As a buyer I do want to see what I am paying for, so I think a photo is a must. Although the saying goes that you can't judge a book by its cover, what I see plays a large part in the decision to buy( or not)
    ​Totally agree with that Meebs. It's bad enough not having a thumbnail from the selling point of view but to have no photo at all would put me right off buying. I like to see what I am going to get !

Thread Information