Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Not a happy bunny....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Not a happy bunny....

Been out gardening today. I don't normally leave the patio doors open due to the local cats getting into the house. There seems to be a lot less of them around this year though so I didn't bother closing them today.

Came in after a couple of so hours and found a bleedin' wood pigeon in the living room.

I'm sure most are aware of how incontinent those things are . Stupid thing had pooped all over the dining and living room carpets (well...that's all I have found so far). What made it worse was that it had clearly been gorging itself on elderberries so the poop had stained the carpet beneath a deep blue/purple.

If I had known what it had done before I ushered it out I would have probably wrung its bl**dy neck.

I'm convinced that the Gods have it in for me.
    Last edited by astral276; 9th August 2018 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Not a happy bunny....

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Been out gardening today. I don't normally leave the patio doors open due to the local cats getting into the house. There seems to be a lot less of them around this year though so I didn't bother closing them today.

Came in after a couple of so hours and found a bleedin' wood pigeon in the living room.
    At this point I assumed it was dead, brought in by a cat, and the problem was the stain due to blood and guts.

I'm sure most are aware of how incontinent those things are . Stupid thing had pooped all over the dining and living room carpets (well...that's all I have found so far). What made it worse was that it had clearly been gorging itself on elderberries so the poop had stained the carpet beneath a deep blue/purple.

If I had known what it had done before I ushered it out I would have probably wrung its bl**dy neck.
    Good plan. Pity its mate wasn't there as well, nice casserole.

Have you heard of pigeon flies? I hadn't, until some years ago. I was getting ready for a nice casserole and this fly suddenly zoomed lazily around the room and landed on my hand. Naturally I smacked it one, expecting to sweep it off the floor. Not a bit of it. It ignored me and flew off for another gentle circuit.

I felt like I was in a scene from an Alien movie. Looking it up I found these critters are well known to taxidermists[*]. They live in pigeon nests and have bodies made of chitin, much like fleas, so they're hard to crush.
    [*] (and there's another idea for what you could do with your pigeon next time!)
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Not a happy bunny....

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post

Have you heard of pigeon flies? I hadn't, until some years ago. I was getting ready for a nice casserole and this fly suddenly zoomed lazily around the room and landed on my hand. Naturally I smacked it one, expecting to sweep it off the floor. Not a bit of it. It ignored me and flew off for another gentle circuit.

I felt like I was in a scene from an Alien movie. Looking it up I found these critters are well known to taxidermists[*]. They live in pigeon nests and have bodies made of chitin, much like fleas, so they're hard to crush.[*] (and there's another idea for what you could do with your pigeon next time!)
    They sound like tsetse flies which are almost impossible to kill. If you hit them they just bounce like India rubber and you have to press down and twist to deal with them effectively.
    As for Mel's carpet, oh dear I wonder what's attracting all the local cats and pigeons into the house?

Thread Information