Thread: Clearing search box

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View MJAUCTIONS's Feedback (+278)
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    View MJAUCTIONS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Clearing search box

I am using Windows 10 Edge and have my setting not to save searches, to clear history etc, however when coming on Ebid as soon as I click the search box a list of things I searched for last week pop up in a drop down list. How do I clear it or stop Ebid saving them in the first place? Sorry if this is in the wrong section but seller forum seems to be the only active forum.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Clearing search box

Clear your browser history + cookies after each session? I use https://www.ccleaner.com/ to do this at least once a week.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    Forum Posts

I already have my laptop set to automatically clear history, cookies etc each time I shut down. I've also tried manually clearing and have been into my Microsoft account and cleared in there too. I also have my Edge browser set not to save search history. Yet here I am again, everything I searched for on Ebid last week is showing on a drop down list as soon as I click on the search box. No big deal I suppose (until we get near Christmas when I'm gift searching) but it is rather annoying and would be interested to know how it is overriding my settings

Edge has had, since its introduction, problems clearing certain things - hey, I'm still waiting for the ability to delete an individual line from a drop-down list. I've noticed it bringing up certain sites (though I haven't noticed that here) in its history that should have disappeared. The latest update introduced some related odd behavior (things being left behind on the URL bar, disappearing cursor in editing fields). I like Edge, but its Home edition version doesn't give access to the fine tuning that administrators get in the Pro and Enterprise editions. Perhaps fixes will be forthcoming, but I get the impression that MS is less concerned with testing on the Home platform than the more expensive levels.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    Forum Posts

Thanks for replies. Spent a few minutes this morning checking my settings both on laptop and in my Microsoft account and can't fathom out how its saving them, everything is cleared, cookies history, even Cortana is switched off yet there they are. Oddly my email account has started it too now, every title I've put in the subject box is now coming up on a drop down list. Will try a clean up and check my virus programme, maybe there's a setting in there to delete everything once a week.

Try checking on another pc, if you still see those searches then it's ebid's servers that are retaining your history.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information