Home
Buy on eBid
Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

  1. #11
    Forum Saint bluebedouin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+106)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts
    4,724

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    ....My reason for relating the story here is because I'm wondering how the episode would have panned out on eBid. You can't send private messages on auctions (it's unlikely the user would be in the forums). ....
    If you put a link to your private message page it would take the buyer to a login page for the forum.If they're not yet registered they could then do that & communicate with you in private.I made a button which you're welcome to use.The second one is for mouse over.I had this text above the button."Please ask a question with the Q & A box below or by Private Message through the forum."
    Name:  pmbutton.png
Views: 87
Size:  12.8 KBName:  pmbuttonMouseOver.png
Views: 86
Size:  15.0 KB
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 8th August 2018 at 09:15 PM.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    If you put a link to your private message page it would take the buyer to a login page for the forum.If they're not yet registered they could then do that & communicate with you in private.I made a button which you're welcome to use.The second one is for mouse over.I had this text above the button."Please ask a question with the Q & A box below or by Private Message through the forum."
    Name:  pmbutton.png
Views: 87
Size:  12.8 KBName:  pmbuttonMouseOver.png
Views: 86
Size:  15.0 KB
    That's an exceedingly smart idea, thank you.

    It wouldn't quite handle the scenario I described though. How would I contact the person who placed a bid on my local collection auction? I'm the one wanting to initiate the conversation.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 8th August 2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

  3. #13
    Forum Saint bluebedouin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+106)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts
    4,724

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    That's an exceedingly smart idea, thank you.

    It wouldn't quite handle the scenario I described though. How would I contact the person who placed a bid on my local collection auction? I'm the one wanting to initiate the conversation.
    I have a feeling that an email is sent to someone when you contact them through the PM system,if you click the Send New Message link & put their username in the recipients box maybe that would work.Do you have a regular buyer that isn't a forum member you could try it out on?

  4. #14
    Forum Lurker BigKidsAttic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Dundee (City of), United Kingdom
    View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+1096)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts
    121

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Presumably I could cancel bids here (never had to do it)? Presumably there's a block bidder mechanism, is there?

    Yes you can cancel a bid here, as well as block a bidder. You'd have to use the "BlackBall" option. If you add the individual to your "BlackBall" list, there is an option to remove any bids, and to remove any Questions, As well as a box to say why you did so (if you wanted).
    And you can always take the person off the list at anytime.

    I recently had to cancel a bid this way (bidders request to cancel bid). I also every now and then go through my Q&A section to see what questions need removing from listings. for this I add the person to the Blackball and remove Questions, then remove them from the list 5 minutes later.

    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I have a feeling that an email is sent to someone when you contact them through the PM system,if you click the Send New Message link & put their username in the recipients box maybe that would work.Do you have a regular buyer that isn't a forum member you could try it out on?
    But if they're not signed up to the forums (and I suspect only a tiny percentage of users are), you can't contact them that way.

    Do I have regular buyers? Bwahahahaha! Sorry, forgive me, I know that was meant helpfully, but I almost fell of my chair!


    Jason: "Yes you can cancel a bid here, as well as block a bidder"... Thanks, v useful info.
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

  6. #16
    Forum Master JaBek1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ocoee, Florida, United States
    View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts
    2,261

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    As an auctioneer, I would never list an item that was previously used as a store display as "New." The item was used as a store display and as such it received some wear and tear that a "New" item wouldn't have. Such items should, in my opinion, be listed as "Used" and the details of their use as a display model covered in the item description.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    As an auctioneer, I would never list an item that was previously used as a store display as "New." The item was used as a store display and as such it received some wear and tear that a "New" item wouldn't have. Such items should, in my opinion, be listed as "Used" and the details of their use as a display model covered in the item description.
    At first I thought that a bit harsh. For example, if the item is in original shrinkwrap and has been a store display I'd be ok with listing it as "Unused" rather than "Used".

    Having now been curious enough to look at the listing (I really must get a Life), I not only agree with you, Jabek, but this item wasn't even definitely a store display.

    Check the description: "Item is Exdisplay or may have been returned by customer for incorrect purchase".

    No way that should have been listed as "New". Or even risked "Unused". Apparently the seller doesn't know its full history. Indeed, I'm amazed that any buyer, on reading that description, would buy it. But of course we know there are plenty of buyers who don't read descriptions. Perhaps relevant considering the nature of this particular item -- such buyers shouldn't be allowed to breed!
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

  8. #18
    Forum Saint Maelbrigda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2345)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts
    4,738

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    i will admit to rarely reading descriptions. However if i then get a dud it's my fault not the sellers and i would just accept the loss
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Simply-Handmade all my handmade items
    https://maelbrigdas-bits-pieces.ebid.net For Clothing and Jewellery, Incense, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    https://craft-store.ebid.net Crafty bits & pieces.
    https://maelbrigda-books-cds-dvds-vinyl.ebid.net Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records

    Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    i will admit to rarely reading descriptions. However if i then get a dud it's my fault not the sellers and i would just accept the loss
    That's nice of you, I wish all buyers took this line.

    But I'm curious. For the sake of 30 seconds reading the description, why would you not do so? I can empathise if you have some visual impairment that makes it extraordinarily hard for you to read that amount of text. But such a person would be unlikely to spend any time participating in a forum, so I guess that's an unlikely reason.

    I hope I don't sound rude, I'm really wanting to understand so I can do a better job with my sales.
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free