Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

Default Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

Wel i have recived my first sale on ebid. We currently sell all manner or good and have proght 1200 new products to ebid and our prices are better than anywere. But unfortunatly the buyer complained i sold it as brand new sealed but in the description it clearly stated the item was ex display with damged box and had all my own pictures.

Ebid need to make it clearer to buyers if an item is not brand new but new other with my descritipn on the condition as ebay has.

please change this ebid asap as if i get more bad feedback for this reason ill have to stop selling here but really dont want to.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    Wel i have recived my first sale on ebid. We currently sell all manner or good and have proght 1200 new products to ebid and our prices are better than anywere. But unfortunatly the buyer complained i sold it as brand new sealed but in the description it clearly stated the item was ex display with damged box and had all my own pictures.

Ebid need to make it clearer to buyers if an item is not brand new but new other with my descritipn on the condition as ebay has.

please change this ebid asap as if i get more bad feedback for this reason ill have to stop selling here but really dont want to.
    The option you require already exists.

Name:  unused.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  41.0 KB

Along with your description and photos there should not be any doubt as to the state of the item.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    The option you require already exists.

Name:  unused.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  41.0 KB

Along with your description and photos there should not be any doubt as to the state of the item.
    Yes. eBid does have the condition categories and the item in question was listed in the "new" category. Your description does indicate the condition. It appears that there was confusion or misunderstanding on the buyer's part. I don't see this as a problem that eBid has responsibility in.

Welcome to eBid and I hope that you have many successful transactions here.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11854)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Found a real problem on ebid that need addresed

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yes. eBid does have the condition categories and the item in question was listed in the "new" category. Your description does indicate the condition. It appears that there was confusion or misunderstanding on the buyer's part. I don't see this as a problem that eBid has responsibility in.

Welcome to eBid and I hope that you have many successful transactions here.
    It is a tragic start for you as a seller with your 1st sale and the buyer with their 1st purchase here on eBid.

If you contact support they may be able change the outcome so that you both have positive feedback from this unfortunate sale.

best luck with future sales.

Sorry to hear your story, MustBeNice. I think all auction sites have changed somewhat in the past year or two and I attribute it to the rise of smartphones and the short attention span of many people now. So now, whenever I sell an item where it's good in the main, but there's some blemish or other issue that means the item is good value yet not quite sparkling shop new, the first thing I do is message the buyer, thank them for buying, and check that they have read the description and are happy with the deal.

It's much less painful to have buyer and seller mutually agree to end the deal immediately. Otherwise someone has to pay for return postage or fully refund and it all leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    the first thing I do is message the buyer, thank them for buying, and check that they have read the description and are happy with the deal.
    Hmmm, a good idea. Something along the lines of....

1. Have you been to Specsavers recently
    2. Do you understand what 'PATTERN ONLY' means
    3. Should my big red upper case letters be bigger than a font size of 18?
    4. Is it too much trouble to request an invoice for combined postage?
    5. No, sorry, I have no idea where you can purchase the wool for this sweater. Perhaps a wool shop?
    6. No sorry, I don't know anyone in my area who would knit it for you. (Last week's request).
    7. What's that? You wish to cancel because the cat walked over the keyboard and 'bought' the pattern? (Absolutely true reason for cancellation request recently)

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post

5. No, sorry, I have no idea where you can purchase the wool for this sweater. Perhaps a wool shop?
    6. No sorry, I don't know anyone in my area who would knit it for you. (Last week's request).
    7. What's that? You wish to cancel because the cat walked over the keyboard and 'bought' the pattern? (Absolutely true reason for cancellation request recently)
    ROFL! Alas, all too true, I'm sure.

And I have to admit I did have one case where a buyer I contacted said he was offended and cancelled the sale! Pity to lose a sale, but on the whole I thought better that than have to deal with someone who might well be a prickly troublemaker. Or perhaps he was just covering up that he'd not checked the description and now wanted out.

5. Actually I imagine wool shops are becoming a rarity in some areas. Time to add wools to your ebid listings? Or spectacles!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post

Thanks for the laugh!

Yes, people don’t read the descriptions or the terms pages that sellers create.

If the buyer got what the seller described, then a negative feedback is not warranted.

OP, as was suggested above, eBid support might help you out with the feedback. It doesn’t hurt to ask. eBid support is good.

Forum Newbie
    All-About erniolep
    View erniolep's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a similar problem but after a few days somehow it was possible to update it.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Thanks for the laugh!

Yes, people don’t read the descriptions or the terms pages that sellers create. ...
    Ain't that the truth. I've just had to remove a bid on a local collection only desktop pc, where I'd messaged the bidder to check that he did know it was local collection only. And of course he didn't. He then tried to persuade me that I do much better to offer it with postage. After I told him that in general I agreed with him, but the reason I was not offering postage was in the description, he then tried again to persuade me. So I sent him the sentence from the listing: "Local collection only, because the heatsink is so large I'm not sure I could pack it safely enough to stand the mistreatment of the average courier".

You guessed it? Yes, that still didn't convince him. Removed the bid, added him to my blocked bidders list.

This was all on eBay. My reason for relating the story here is because I'm wondering how the episode would have panned out on eBid. You can't send private messages on auctions (it's unlikely the user would be in the forums). So that extended interchange would be publicly visible on the auction? Does anyone think that would be good? Would it include my chances of a sale?

Presumably I could cancel bids here (never had to do it)? Presumably there's a block bidder mechanism, is there?

Thread Information