Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful Purchase/Invoice Combination

Default Successful Purchase/Invoice Combination

I love the way a purchase notice and an invoice have been combined - it is so much easier to make a payment with just a few clicks of the mouse! And everything seems to be converted properly from US to UK currency - no more having to use the PP calculator to make sure you send the proper amount.

I may have missed the notice of this change but the notice of purchase states "This is not an invoice" so I waited for my invoice and when it hadn't appeared this morning, I went on and clicked on the Payment Options link. Surprise!!!!

But, a couple of changes need to be made - delete the highlighted verbiage and change the e-mail header to something like "Successful Purchase/Invoice"

Name:  eBid Invoice2.png
Views: 152
Size:  8.6 KB

Default Re: Successful Purchase/Invoice Combination

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    I love the way a purchase notice and an invoice have been combined - it is so much easier to make a payment with just a few clicks of the mouse! And everything seems to be converted properly from US to UK currency - no more having to use the PP calculator to make sure you send the proper amount.

I may have missed the notice of this change but the notice of purchase states "This is not an invoice" so I waited for my invoice and when it hadn't appeared this morning, I went on and clicked on the Payment Options link. Surprise!!!!

But, a couple of changes need to be made - delete the highlighted verbiage and change the e-mail header to something like "Successful Purchase/Invoice"

Sounds good.

I'd like, from a sellers point, for an Invoice to be automatically created and registered on the sellers page when a sale is made.
    As it stands, everytime someone buys an item and pays for it straight away, I then have to send them an Invoice if I wish to print one for record keeping.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    a couple of changes need to be made - delete the highlighted verbiage and change the e-mail header to something like "Successful Purchase/Invoice"

Actually what you call verbiage is a statement of fact.

The email you have reproduced is not an invoice.

What is the definition of invoice?

Invoice. ... An invoice, bill or tab is a commercial document issued by a seller to a buyer, relating to a sale transaction and indicating the products, quantities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller had provided the buyer.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Sounds good.

I'd like, from a sellers point, for an Invoice to be automatically created and registered on the sellers page when a sale is made.
    As it stands, everytime someone buys an item and pays for it straight away, I then have to send them an Invoice if I wish to print one for record keeping.

Jason
    The last thing that I want as a stamp seller is that an invoice is automatically raised every time there is a sale. For example, a buyer has just bought ten stamps from me. Imagine the chaos if he had been sent an invoice for each one, with postage added to each invoice. With the present system, when he has finished buying, he can pay using a Multi Item Checkout or he can request that I send an invoice. In either case he is only charged one postage charge (I always combine postage on multiple items). I have regular buyers who will build up an order over a period of 7-10 days taking their time to check through my stock. I do not want them to receive an invoice each time they buy a stamp. I would imagine that almost every stamp seller, every postcard seller and many others who sell small items would feel the same.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We send out notifications of sales in emails when an auction finishes or a BuyNow occurs.

It is then up to the individual seller to create an invoice if they wish in addition, often a buyer will request an invoice if more than one item has been purchased from a seller.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The last thing that I want as a stamp seller is that an invoice is automatically raised every time there is a sale. For example, a buyer has just bought ten stamps from me. Imagine the chaos if he had been sent an invoice for each one, with postage added to each invoice. With the present system, when he has finished buying, he can pay using a Multi Item Checkout or he can request that I send an invoice. In either case he is only charged one postage charge (I always combine postage on multiple items). I have regular buyers who will build up an order over a period of 7-10 days taking their time to check through my stock. I do not want them to receive an invoice each time they buy a stamp. I would imagine that almost every stamp seller, every postcard seller and many others who sell small items would feel the same.
    You've missread/interpreted what I meant.
    I do not want an Invoice sent when someone clicks "Buy-It-Now", I meant for an invoice to be created for a completed sale...
    If the buyer has paid straight away.
    If they do that, I still have to send an Invoice if I want to Print said "Sale" for Record Keeping purposes.
    And in the past, thankfully only a couple of times, this has lead to the buyer paying again, or getting irritated thinking I'm requiring them to pay again, even though I write on the invoice that it is for Record keeping purposes only.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    You've missread/interpreted what I meant.
    I do not want an Invoice sent when someone clicks "Buy-It-Now", I meant for an invoice to be created for a completed sale...
    If the buyer has paid straight away.
    If they do that, I still have to send an Invoice if I want to Print said "Sale" for Record Keeping purposes.
    And in the past, thankfully only a couple of times, this has lead to the buyer paying again, or getting irritated thinking I'm requiring them to pay again, even though I write on the invoice that it is for Record keeping purposes only.

Jason
    I don't think I misread/misinterpreted you. You wrote "I'd like, from a sellers point, for an Invoice to be automatically created and registered on the sellers page when a sale is made" This seems to be clear to me. A sale is made when a buyer clicks on Buy Now. I made the point that I do not want an invoice to be raised at this point. Perhaps you should devise a different method of record keeping.

If a buyer pays right away without you sending an invoice, you do not have to send them one to print a copy of the sale. Go to the ASL & print a packing list, it contains the sale info.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I don't think I misread/misinterpreted you. You wrote "I'd like, from a sellers point, for an Invoice to be automatically created and registered on the sellers page when a sale is made" This seems to be clear to me. A sale is made when a buyer clicks on Buy Now. I made the point that I do not want an invoice to be raised at this point. Perhaps you should devise a different method of record keeping.
    In my opinion, a sale is made when it is paid for. Up to that point it is a commitment to buy/pay for an item (like going to a physical shop and sticking a loaf of bread in a basket, where you can change your mind before finally commiting to paying).

At no point did I say I want one sent out to the buyer. I asked for it to be created and registered on the "sellers" page. In other words for the little "I" to turn green instead of staying red, thus letting the seller print an Invoice if they need to.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    If a buyer pays right away without you sending an invoice, you do not have to send them one to print a copy of the sale. Go to the ASL & print a packing list, it contains the sale info.
    Thank you, that I did not know, but will use it in the future.

Jason

Thread Information