My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebid needs and advert on TV or some promotional criteria

Default Ebid needs and advert on TV or some promotional criteria

Is it not about time ebid ran an advert campaign to attract buyers and sellers alike on TV.

I think this would work really well as, as far as I can see the only marketing they do is telling people there cheaper than eBay.

Running an advert on TV would not take much for inquisitive ebayers to take a look. Buyers and sellers alike, an ideal time at the moment as eBay are slowly fighting a losing battle and set to increase fees another 4.8 percent in October.

Bringing eBay fees to 20 percent in some catogries if you have as little as 1 claim opened per 💯 sales...

Come on ebid, invest some of your cash to advertise.

Why not even ask us the sellers to chip in. I for one would pay a nominal fee if I thought it would go towards promoting the site...

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+536)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid needs and advert on TV or some promotional criteria

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    Is it not about time ebid ran an advert campaign to attract buyers and sellers alike on TV.

I think this would work really well as, as far as I can see the only marketing they do is telling people there cheaper than eBay.

Running an advert on TV would not take much for inquisitive ebayers to take a look. Buyers and sellers alike, an ideal time at the moment as eBay are slowly fighting a losing battle and set to increase fees another 4.8 percent in October.

Bringing eBay fees to 20 percent in some catogries if you have as little as 1 claim opened per  sales...

Come on ebid, invest some of your cash to advertise.

Why not even ask us the sellers to chip in. I for one would pay a nominal fee if I thought it would go towards promoting the site...

you have a very good selection of items on ebid we certainly need more sellers like you,

tv advertising i will chip in a thousands notes towards this

if sellers like you commit 100% to ebid , which you dont you complain about feebay and its fees yet you still list the exact same items there as on ebid

eg VULKAN 3021 DOUBLE SHOULDER SUPPORT dislocated shoulder rotator EXTRA LARGE FIT

yep its a cheaper here, is that enough to attract a already established feebayer to look around for a better price? would a established feebayer want to spend the time signing up to a new to them site over a ?

the example i picked of yours is a good example because theres very few on feebay your already the cheapest on feebay, id say if you removed it from feebay and kept your original feebay price your still a market leader in value for money,

if new sellers like you want to make it work here you have to commit %100, we have seen you a thousand times , you still compete against yourselves even if the price is a bit cheaper, its never been enough to kick start a mass influx of buyers, its up to you!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View madelaine's Feedback (+4489)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Save your breath to cool your porridge. This has been suggested endlessly. eBid management, quite properly, will advertise when they decide.
    In the meantime, tell everyone about ebid, put notes in about it with your sales from other sites etc etc
    Madelaine

Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Smile Re: Ebid needs and advert on TV or some promotional criteria

Welcome to the boards. (Just thought I'd get in quick before the thread disappears)
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View moonwitch's Feedback (+1411)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Save your breath to cool your porridge. This has been suggested endlessly. eBid management, quite properly, will advertise when they decide.
    In the meantime, tell everyone about ebid, put notes in about it with your sales from other sites etc etc
    If anyone has the time to look up eBid's accounts they would find that to buy TV advertising they would all have to sell there homes and go to live in Tipi valley with my cousin David

Word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising. Media advertising is very expensive, and only yields a small return. It is more effective in making small increases in sales for companies which have already reached a large degree of market saturation.

None of ebid's successful competitors achieved their success through media advertising campaigns, and indeed, over the last couple of decades some potential successes in the online marketplace arena have been sunk or stunted by wasting their resources on expensive media advertising campaigns that yielded small (at best) bumps in seller recruiting and sales: examples such as bonanzle and ecrater abound. I'd hope that any extra resources go toward constantly improving the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    you have a very good selection of items on ebid we certainly need more sellers like you,

tv advertising i will chip in a thousands notes towards this

if sellers like you commit 100% to ebid , which you dont you complain about feebay and its fees yet you still list the exact same items there as on ebid

eg VULKAN 3021 DOUBLE SHOULDER SUPPORT dislocated shoulder rotator EXTRA LARGE FIT

yep its a cheaper here, is that enough to attract a already established feebayer to look around for a better price? would a established feebayer want to spend the time signing up to a new to them site over a ?

the example i picked of yours is a good example because theres very few on feebay your already the cheapest on feebay, id say if you removed it from feebay and kept your original feebay price your still a market leader in value for money,

if new sellers like you want to make it work here you have to commit %100, we have seen you a thousand times , you still compete against yourselves even if the price is a bit cheaper, its never been enough to kick start a mass influx of buyers, its up to you!
    id love to commit to ebid,i have lowered the prices here but unfortunately i cant afford to pay 6k a month in expenses waiting for a what if, unfortunately that just would not pay the bills

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+536)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    id love to commit to ebid,i have lowered the prices here but unfortunately i cant afford to pay 6k a month in expenses waiting for a what if, unfortunately that just would not pay the bills

so the parasitic entity feebay sucks you dry in a market place designed to drive prices rock bottom = pitching seller against seller , and you dont like it ,who can blame you.
    your a business seller, moving to a new market place involves ,capital as you point out, it involves establishing yourself which takes time, all that is called a business plan.

we have seen you before , normally complaining after two weeks no sales, you did not complain you offered a idea which is great the more the better, unfortunately your idea is not new, there are more reasons not to advertise than there are for,

im not joking when i say we need sellers like you lots of listings and a good variety, give this site another hundred like you and il start the campaign for advertising maybe not the telly but a concerted campaign through various media and il be one of the first to offer some financial assistance,

so i can only wish you well, use the platform well, dont sit back be proactive EG if you have a customer base let them know were you are, what helps you helps every one and can only be good for the site.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information