eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member - Finds Difficulty in listing and establishing Store

Default Re: New Member - Finds Difficulty in listing and establishing Store

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    1988 Canadian large penny (cent?) looks Victorian? She had a long life, but that's a stretch!
    If that coin were sent to the UK (for example) then many postal workers would insist that it be sent Small Packet Canadian International, because the seller is not sending paper / documents. The cost for that is $9.76 Canadian at the post office. Some postal workers might err and charge the 100 gram letter rate which is $5.90 Canadian, once again because the contents of the envelope are not paper.

I don't mean to be critical, but I've been caught with this at Canada Post before. A coin might fit in an envelope that fits through the narrow slot and it might be light (up to 30 grams or up to 50 grams), but if it's not paper, the Small Packet rate is supposed to apply.

And this doesn't include any applicable goods and services tax (GST), or consider the costs of paypal fees or other expenses of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    If that coin were sent to the UK (for example) then many postal workers would insist that it be sent Small Packet Canadian International, because the seller is not sending paper / documents. The cost for that is $9.76 Canadian at the post office. Some postal workers might err and charge the 100 gram letter rate which is $5.90 Canadian, once again because the contents of the envelope are not paper.

I don't mean to be critical, but I've been caught with this at Canada Post before. A coin might fit in an envelope that fits through the narrow slot and it might be light (up to 30 grams or up to 50 grams), but if it's not paper, the Small Packet rate is supposed to apply.

And this doesn't include any applicable goods and services tax (GST), or consider the costs of paypal fees or other expenses of the sale.
    If I were to buy it (I'm in the UK), it's showing as "Canada Post Letter-post Intl = C$2.90 (£1.69)", so I suspect your concerns for the seller are valid.

I think we have much the same rules for international post when sending from the UK, but I don't often do it, so I'm not sure of my facts.

VintageHubCanada, I hope you don't lose your shirt on this. More research needed?

By the way, is this still legal tender in Canada:
    Name:  P1040761.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  54.2 KB
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    If I were to buy it (I'm in the UK), it's showing as "Canada Post Letter-post Intl = C$2.90 (£1.69)", so I suspect your concerns for the seller are valid.

I think we have much the same rules for international post when sending from the UK, but I don't often do it, so I'm not sure of my facts.

VintageHubCanada, I hope you don't lose your shirt on this. More research needed?

By the way, is this still legal tender in Canada:
    Name:  P1040761.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  54.2 KB
    Yes, I expect that VintageHubCanada would be taking money out of pocket if a sale is realised, no matter whether items are sold domestically or internationally. Perhaps the seller is hoping for a bidding war that would compensate?

Once again, yes. That five dollar bill is still legal tender in Canada.

Forum Newbie
    All-About marrog66
    View marrog66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagehubcanada View Post
    Hi,

I am new member, I paid in full for Seller+ plan.

But I have problem in listing, I listed about 5 items but it does not show in my store.

Also only 2 items are showing in my listing while I posted 5 items.

Can someone help me listing my items and establishing my store.

Waiting for advises.
    I am also new member. I registered now 4 times and they still ask me to registered. They also only want my Visa identification for free registration and they also ask me to pay 99$ on Paypal for free registration.

Forum Newbie
    All-About marrog66
    View marrog66's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am also new member. I registered now 4 times and they still ask me to registered. They also only want my Visa identification for free registration and they also ask me to pay 99$ on Paypal for free registration.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marrog66 View Post

What is that all about? Having a hissy fit or what?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Once again, yes. That five dollar bill is still legal tender in Canada.
    Ah thanks. OK, now all I need now is a /really/ cheap flight so I can use it!

I don't actually know how I came by it. I've never been to Canada.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    What is that all about? Having a hissy fit or what?
    Parkinson's? Or a really sick mouse??

Thread Information