Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto ebay sync

Default Auto ebay sync

Hi, im not sure if tyhis is possible already but it would be good if ebay would auto sync with ebid say every hour so that items are not double sold and qtys would change accordingly as at the moment i have listings on both.

is this something that can be done?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Auto ebay sync

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    Hi, im not sure if tyhis is possible already but it would be good if ebay would auto sync with ebid say every hour so that items are not double sold and qtys would change accordingly as at the moment i have listings on both.

AS the two sites are completely separate I think this is highly unlikely.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wot Tony said
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Nothing to stop somebody setting up a website into which you'd put your moniker for both sites and it would then do that for you.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

If the URL of the eBay item is known, it would be fairly easy to check it every once in a while to see what the available quantity is. But such a program would probably best be independent of eBid, since eBay wouldn't like to have thousands of page accesses every hour from eBid.

Someone could make a utility that you run on your computer that checks your email for "your item sold" emails, and then checks the quantity on eBay. It would then have to interface eBid to change the quantity. As far as I know eBid doesn't have an API to allow utilities to edit listings, it would have access both sites through the browser interface. Without an API, each time eBay or eBid changes its user interface, the utility would have to be modified to work with it again.

edit: I was wrong. eBid has added an API somewhat recently. It's here: https://ebid.3scale.net/ EBay has an API, but I'm not completely sure how available it is to something like this, as at least a developer account and/or an AppID is needed. They could potentially turn off access to service like this if it encourages competition.
    Last edited by stopusingebay; 5th October 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    If the URL of the eBay item is known, it would be fairly easy to check it every once in a while to see what the available quantity is. But such a program would probably best be independent of eBid, since eBay wouldn't like to have thousands of page accesses every hour from eBid.

Someone could make a utility that you run on your computer that checks your email for "your item sold" emails, and then checks the quantity on eBay. It would then have to interface eBid to change the quantity. As far as I know eBid doesn't have an API to allow utilities to edit listings, it would have access both sites through the browser interface. Without an API, each time eBay or eBid changes its user interface, the utility would have to be modified to work with it again.

I thought eBid did have an API ... eBid API Notifications

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it's highly unlikely. Delcampe tried synchronising listings with Ebay using Easystore. They had so many problems that they gave up the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    as the two sites are completely separate i think this is highly unlikely.
    this is not true, ebay offer an api were this can be done as there is othewr sites already offer a similar thing

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

this is not true, ebay offer an api were this can be done as there is othewr sites already offer a similar thing
    The two sites are completely different!!!
    Ebay offer an API which does what?

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The two sites are completely different!!!
    Ebay offer an API which does what?
    Thought eBid also offered an API. See post #6 for link.

Thread Information