eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

Default Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

Hi, not sure you have all heard the new news on ebay. here is a letter i sent to them. Here is a great opertunity to take some of the ebay sellers and have them come to ebid as the fees are now so high ebay will no longer be competitive and impossible for sellers.

also not all sellers know about this change yet as ebay sneakly hid this inside links. enough is enough, so im joining ebid with my 80k of stock and 2000 listings. if anyone has any advice for me id be greatfully apritiated, thankyou

BELLOW IS THE INFORMATION REGARDING THE CHANGES (LETTER TO EBAY)

Top rated seller 3 negatives and 8000 positives. Item as described rating of 4.9 stars out of 5. Yet today eBay threaten me with a 4 percent increase in fees for 3.5 in every 100 buyers opening a return case. That's a whopping 50% increase bringing my total fees to 20%.

This is something that is unavoidable for us as we always list 1000% accurate but buyers fail to read listing correctly or open not as described for reasons beyond our control such as, not as simple to use as expected. Please eBay rethink this rule.

We no way can carry on as a business after this massive increase of 50% more so will be forced into bankruptcy. Please let me know if anything will be done about this asap as this will force thousands of business like myself into bankruptcy.

Ebay are increasing the final value fee in october as penalty to anyone who has has 3 item not described cases or late deliver out of each 100 items sold.

fees up 4% plus vat - that's a whopping 20% fees in total one taken paypal and vat into account. Unbelievable when the quote there fess are 9%.
    Last edited by MustBeNice; 9th July 2018 at 02:51 PM.

Default Re: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

Chances of ebay retreating on a fee increase are near zero. They may throw out some temporary "promotions" to ease sellers into their new structure, but they do not retract. As one of their lower-level customer service people once told me: "It is our site. If you don't like it, you can go elsewhere." I hope more do exactly that. Over the years, ebay has made some terrible, costly business decisions - and their solution seems to be to sell more mass-market junk while alienating existing sellers - and their rotating set of top management seems determined to continue along that same downward spiral. Welcome to ebid - less traffic, but I'm here because I hope that will change after the Titanic in the bay continues to sink.

Default Re: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

Yes, we need to get all sellers together and start a campaign so everyone hears about ebid and hears about the 50 percent fee increase that hits sellers in October. Hopefully if enough post on social media daily, share posts and get a following we could make a difference once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    Yes, we need to get all sellers together and start a campaign so everyone hears about ebid and hears about the 50 percent fee increase that hits sellers in October. Hopefully if enough post on social media daily, share posts and get a following we could make a difference once and for all.
    I agree campaigning is needed. But buyers don't care about sellers' fees, unless they're unusually perceptive. What's needed is more buyers hearing about ebid.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The campaign we need is to get buyers to visit here. Part of that campaign is increasing the range of goods available.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Part of that campaign is increasing the range of goods available.
    I agree. Getting other sellers, even competitors, to start listing here will attract more eyes to our own items. I've pointed several toward ebid.net and include a link in my posts in various discussion groups in which I participate.

I do wish it were easier to insert a sidebar displaying our ebid store offerings (similar to the sidebar that appears on the main forum page) onto our own sites, blogs, etc. Other sites have a code snippet that allows doing that without having to constantly update what is shown.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a bit dubious as to how eBay's fee increases and comparing eBid to eBay is helpful to the site. It seems that eBid has been inviting comparison of itself to eBay since eBid's inception with very little in the way of positive results. Personally, I would like to see mention of comparison between the two sites cease.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm a bit dubious as to how eBay's fee increases and comparing eBid to eBay is helpful to the site. It seems that eBid has been inviting comparison of itself to eBay since eBid's inception with very little in the way of positive results. Personally, I would like to see mention of comparison between the two sites cease.
    I think I agree
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I really do agree with that ~ time to stop the comparisons.

If one expects to attract sellers (or buyers, for that matter) from other sites, then comparisons will be made, ideas and/or criticisms arising from other venues evaluated, and opportunities seized or declined. I think we can do that without discussions serving as adverts for other sites. We don't operate in isolation.

Thread Information