eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

Default Re: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

The site needs more listings and a greater variety of items for sale. Good sellers who create good listings and follow through. Many times we see sellers who buy the Seller +, expect that eBid will be like other well known selling sites, and then abandon the site after a short trial of having a few items for sale.

They expect eBid to be like selling platforms that charge high fees.

I wish that these sellers would actively list and promote their listings here, but they lose patience quickly and move on. Once they've paid for Seller +, those sellers could easily use eBid as part of their selling platform, in addition to their own website or other platforms.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebay increasing fees a massive 40-50% for even top rated sellers! Time For Ebid!

I have listed some more items here and have many more to list but what is the best way to promote. I include a note on the packing slip when I sell elsewhere but don't know that any of those buyers have come here. I really would like to sell on ebid only but afraid not much has been selling here for the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    I really do agree with that ~ time to stop the comparisons.
    Comparisons are as inevitable as tides going in and out. Even as long ago as Canute, people knew that.

So, accepting that there will be comparisons, they need to be positive.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11854)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is true enough, that we do comparisons in all parts of our lives, and this clouds the brain a bit.

What has to stand out is where the different strengths are and utilise those to your best advantage, as they are all equally valid.

I sell where I can do best - be it on here or over there, each has qualities that make it worthwhile.

Common knowledge is that eBid is still unknown to so many buyers... so when will it change? - the 1st of never!

best luck all!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

While it may be inevitable that all online auction sites will be compared to eBay because of its size and longevity, I see no real reason for eBid to be formally inviting the comparison on its home page.

Many years ago I was discussing the selection of display pictures on the wall at a friends portrait studio. I was somewhat surprised when he said that he intentionally only selects the worst of what he considered his acceptable work suitable for display. His reasoning was that if he only displayed his worst the client would guaranteed of receiving something better. Of course, he qualified that saying that in order for that philosophy to be viable, one's worst work always had to be better than the competitions best work.

Unfortunately, inviting a direct comparison between eBid and the bay, in my opinion, puts eBid at a disadvantage in regard to size of market share. While it is true that eBid's fees may be quite a bit lower, it is hard to compete with the bay's volume of traffic.

I was on Ebay for 12 years but got fed up with forking out £100 plus in shop and final value fees. I hope i'm joining Ebid at the right time.
    The site has certainly changed for the better when i last purchased something about 6 years ago.

Forum Newbie
    Prestwich, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View littledelving's Feedback (+2678)
    All-About littledelving
    View littledelving's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrogoodness View Post
    I was on Ebay for 12 years but got fed up with forking out £100 plus in shop and final value fees. I hope i'm joining Ebid at the right time.
    The site has certainly changed for the better when i last purchased something about 6 years ago.
    I have just joined ebid after thinking about it for some time. Nothing listed yet, but I will soon. Have been on the 'bay for many years and their fees and percecution of good, UK based sellers is only getting worse. Keep in mind that I am a top rated seller on the 'bay with over 2600 postive feedbacks and 100% score. So you would hope that the 'bay customer service would want to help. Not a bid of it. Some chap purchased a DVD. Then got in touch 5 weeks later to say he wanted a return and refund. Why? Because the original recording wasnt up to his expectations. Nothing wrong with the DVD or my service. He used the 'bays buyer protection scheme and after contacting the 'bay for advice, they simply told me to accept the return and issue a refund. Not even large corporations are obliged to accept refunda and returns after 28 days, but the little guy in the box-room at home has to do so according to the 'bay. I am no business but the 'bay website tricked me some years ago into changing into a business seller (I am definately not) in order to be allowed to list more items which I wanted to do at the time. They will not allow me to revert to private seller status even though I obviously am not a business. Ebid is now much better and it just needs a higher profile to attract buyers. I dont want to list 500 items and sell one or two now and then. I want to know that if I list at the right price, there is a good chance of something selling.
    Adding insult in injury the 'bay are based in Dublin for tax purposes and pay next to no tax on profits made in the UK. Plus the amount of overseas sellers or overseas sellers pretending to be based in the UK is insane. The 'bay is basically trying to become another alibaba or something like that would guess. They pounce on UK sellers for minor issues but there are so many overseas sellers with many negative feedbacks that seem to have no sanction. Plus the 'bay is very quick to take its fees but turns a blind eye to all the VAT and Customs Duty avoidance it facilitates. Just another big corporation percecuiting decent hard working people. Its like the EU and Westminster and the globalists in microcosm. Its not a good place to be anymore so I hope ebid pans out because there is nothing UK centric otherwise.

One other thing. The 'bay claim to offer seller protection as well as buyer protection. The 'seller protection' turns out to be the 'buyer protection' weasily worded to claim that buy protecting buyers, the 'bay is protecting sellers. Its Orwellian doublespeak. The highly paid staffers have to justify their existance with penalising tweaks and adding to the already burdonsome Orwellian regime over there.
    Last edited by littledelving; 2nd February 2019 at 08:43 PM.

Thread Information