Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Security Needed by June 30th

Default Paypal Security Needed by June 30th

This is more directly to Ebid, I just noticed tonight that Paypal is requiring new security from any site accepting Paypal. Are you aware of this and if so, has it been taken care of or do you need more information from me? They state that if these things like TCL etc. are not in place by June 30th, merchants will no longer be able to accept Paypal. John @ thecardattic

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10022)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Paypal Security Needed by June 30th

Quote Originally Posted by thecardattic View Post
    This is more directly to Ebid, I just noticed tonight that Paypal is requiring new security from any site accepting Paypal. Are you aware of this and if so, has it been taken care of or do you need more information from me? They state that if these things like TCL etc. are not in place by June 30th, merchants will no longer be able to accept Paypal. John @ thecardattic
    The forums are not the best way to ask a question of the eBid management. You should contact them directly on support@ebid.net.

I use Paypal on my own website and haven't had any notification of any changes from them ?

Here is the message from pay pal........If your browser is current there is no problem.....hope this helps.....Jan

Action required to continue accessing PayPal.com. View Online
    To meet the new PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) required by all websites that hold payment data, PayPal will no longer support outdated web browsers.

During this shift, your personal financial info will remain secure. All you'll need to do is upgrade your browser on each device that you use to log in to PayPal.com in order to maintain your access after June 30th. Upgrading is simple, just follow the easy steps below.

When you get this message if you do the Learn More it takes you to a sign in screen. It really does not take you to your own sign in screen, it is a dummy screen that tests your browser. If you get that page, your browser is up to date. Don't try to actually sign in, it won't accept any passwords, it just tests your browser. Believe me, I got this message a few times before I finally figured it out and my browser is up to date. Another site for those in the US that is also checking to make sure your browser is up to date is the US Postal Sites. That site will tell you right away if your browser is up to date. I would imagine that there may be more sites checking but these I know for sure.

Jan

Thanks Jan. So as I understand it from that message, it's not just merchants as the O/P suggests it's anybody that uses Paypal ? I still haven't had the message, maybe it's because I updated Google Chrome a couple of weeks ago.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10022)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thanks Jan. So as I understand it from that message, it's not just merchants as the O/P suggests it's anybody that uses Paypal ? I still haven't had the message, maybe it's because I updated Google Chrome a couple of weeks ago.
    I've not had the message either. I use Firefox which automatically updates itself regularly. I notice that the two who have had the message are in USA. Perhaps it doesn't apply to Paypal (Europe) yet

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff01 View Post
    When you get this message if you do the Learn More it takes you to a sign in screen. It really does not take you to your own sign in screen, it is a dummy screen that tests your browser. If you get that page, your browser is up to date. Don't try to actually sign in, it won't accept any passwords, it just tests your browser. Believe me, I got this message a few times before I finally figured it out and my browser is up to date. Another site for those in the US that is also checking to make sure your browser is up to date is the US Postal Sites. That site will tell you right away if your browser is up to date. I would imagine that there may be more sites checking but these I know for sure.

Jan
    I had an email and signed in to Paypal as usual; the message was showing there. Simply click on the check provided and it will tell you if your browser is up to date.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a feeling that it might just only affect the USA as we have recently lost Net Neutrality
    U.S. 'net neutrality' rules will expire on June 11: FCC

Hi everyone, I posted this originally, just to give info, I was not notified, I happened to come across the information about this while logged into Paypal, I 100% only stumbled upon it or I would not have known. As Tony41 has suggested, I'm dropping Ebid Support a quick email right now to make sure they are aware, thanks to all!

Thread Information