Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Does anyone actually sell anything on this site??

Default Does anyone actually sell anything on this site??

Hi,

I have been a member of eBid for 3 and a half years, however in that time I have only sold a handful of items.

Most of my listings get 0-1 views each week and it has resulted in me having to delist a lot of items and give them to charities etc as I can't seem to sell anything. It is hard to get people to view the items let alone bid on them.

I only have a basic seller account so even though my listings have photos there are no thumbnail pictures in the searches which I understand that some people may choose to ignore because of.

1 or 2 customers have mentioned that the site is not as easy to use (probably compared to eBay), particularly as the checkout is not as much of a smooth process.

Does anyone have the same problem? or any advice would be appreciated to increase views (and preferably sales) without having to upgrade my account which I cannot afford.

Thanks everyone.

Default Re: Does anyone actually sell anything on this site??

Yes thanks, I sell ! It has been quiet though these last two months, not only here but elsewhere too.

I would use the platinum option and get yourself some thumbnails. I doubt many people will bother to click on your listings otherwise. If you want to upgrade in the future eBid takes off any money already spent on listings from the price so you won't lose out.

Make sure your listings are on Google Shopping where a lot of the eBid buyers come from. You need a buy it now price alongside any auction price and to either have a bar code or if there isn't one then put the word 'Exempt' in the bar code box.

Some of your listing titles are very short without many key words. For example 'Owl Ornament'. Why not 'Small blue and brown ceramic pottery owl ornament' ?

You say you have been here three and a half years so why haven't you filled in your 'About Me' page properly with terms and conditions etc ? It would be useful for you to read this thread.
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...-About-Me-page

Remember eBid is a small site and doesn't have the money to spend on advertising like the bigger sites so it is up to you how much work you want to put in to get sales. Hope this helps and good luck.

Hi there cornishmaid 1961,

Thank you for your detailed post, you make very valid points and some that I wasn't aware of. I do have to remember it isn't the same as sites like eBay so I will use your advice to try and turn things around.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelivingdead View Post
    Hi there cornishmaid 1961,

Thank you for your detailed post, you make very valid points and some that I wasn't aware of. I do have to remember it isn't the same as sites like eBay so I will use your advice to try and turn things around.

Thanks again!
    ​Glad to be of help. Hope things pick up for you.

• Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    • If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    • Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    • Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    • Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    • Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    • Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    • Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    • List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    • Use 7-10 day listings instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    • Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.
    • If you don't have ISBN numbers for your items, then use the words EXEMPT
    • Create an informative About Me page with your payment options, shipping, returns etc. (this one is really important on eBid).
    ~Jan~

If you have lots of items to sell, list them. The more the better.

Offer international shipping to those countries that you can, even if the shipping seems really high to you. At least people in other countries can see your listings. Plus, you never know if someone will be willing to pay the shipping that you charge. Another factor is international exchange rates.

Forum Newbie
    View morjac's Feedback (+5146)
    All-About morjac
    View morjac's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thought i should give eBid another chance so i have started to list items like crazy lately.

Have now sold 32 items in 7 days so there is definitely hope. Currently listing ex-rental dvd junk. Guessing sales will pick up even more when i start listing the more rare and obscure stuff.

I also find eBid to be the perfect stock manager tool. It is so easy to export all items to CSV for import on other sites. Saves me hours of boring listing work.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful

Glad to see you guys doing so well on here so I know there is some hope!

Thread Information