Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Adding existing listings to ones store?

Default Adding existing listings to ones store?

I found this in the FAQ:
    33) How can I add my new and existing listings to my store?

To add your existing listings to your eBid store, go to "My eBid" > "Listings I'm Running", then click on the edit link to the right of the listing you wish to add to your store. From the edit page you can add the listing to your store by using the eBid store category dropdown menu in section One. To add a new listings to your store when posting a new listing, in Section One of the auction listing page select the store category/sub category from the drop down menu. Your store will need to be online to be able to select a category.
    I've recently migrated nearly 200 items from evil greedBay, so I was happy to find this entry in the FAQ. The title says 'listings' PLURAL. This only tells me how to add a single listing to my store. My leg's being pulled, no way I'm going to do that for 50 or 100 listings, of course I want to know how to do it as a bulk operation. Grrrrr.

And don't even get me started on the typo "To add a new listings". The proofreading on this site is abysmal and there's little incentive to keep reporting such things, they rarely get fixed even when they've been mentioned multiple times over periods of months, as others have also remarked.

A lot of forum regulars love this site. That's a resource that's going to waste. If reports were acknowledged and acted on promptly there'd be much more free assistance.

OK, 'nuf said. Now I have to go and figure out for myself how to get things into my stores in bulk. Though I'm still not too sure that stores actually lead to increased sales. But clearly they can't diminish sales, so if it's easy enough I ought to try.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Adding existing listings to ones store?

Bulk Edit?

Ah, bulk edit, thanks. Didn't realise there's bulk edit as well as bulk upload. Not surprising... this is the first time I've had more than a dozen items listed!

Bulk edit worked fine the first time. I selected numerous items from the Computer category and put them into my Computer Parts store. Then I attempted a second bucket, selecting 35 items from Books/Mags category and tried to put them into my Books & Magazines store. No joy. I get
    eBid Error

Please choose a Store Category or untick the Store Category checkbox

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Ah, bulk edit, thanks. Didn't realise there's bulk edit as well as bulk upload. Not surprising... this is the first time I've had more than a dozen items listed!

Bulk edit worked fine the first time. I selected numerous items from the Computer category and put them into my Computer Parts store. Then I attempted a second bucket, selecting 35 items from Books/Mags category and tried to put them into my Books & Magazines store. No joy. I get
    Hi John,

We've updated the FAQ to mention the Bulk Edit method.

I receive the error method you mention only when an eBid Store is not selected from the first drop down menu, can you confirm you are selecting the eBid Store (first dropdown) and also the category (second dropdown).

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi John,

We've updated the FAQ to mention the Bulk Edit method.

I receive the error method you mention only when an eBid Store is not selected from the first drop down menu, can you confirm you are selecting the eBid Store (first dropdown) and also the category (second dropdown).

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Thanks Gazza. You've prompted me to check both the stores. The Computer store only has one category. The Books/mags store has 3.

So I guess in the first case, since there's no ambiguity, the system accepts the edit. Good. In the second it needs my input.

If that's the cause can I suggest the error conditions need splitting out, to give much more explicit error messages?

Thanks for updating the FAQ, that's very encouraging. For a long time I've been very concerned that many typos etc and suggestions for improved wording have been ignored. If this is going to get more love then it will be worth spending time giving feedback. Many of us have affection for the site and want to see it succeed.

Thread Information