Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buyer says not able to pay through their PP account

Default Buyer says not able to pay through their PP account

Hi all,

New condrum for me - 1st time i've experienced this.

I had a sale yesterday to someone in the USA. They sent me an email (to my actual email account) saying they tried to pay twice, but it didn't show in their PP account (nor in mine).
    So I sent them an Invoice yesterday.
    Now today they sent a Question throught the Q&A system, again saying they couldn't get the payment through their PP account, they have also marked the item (on their end) as "Payment Sent". I have not had any payment.
    I now have lost the ability to send Payment Reminders, and again they say they pay regularly through their PP acount for other things.
    Oh, forgot to add they also gave me a postcode for them to send the item to in the USA.

Now, does this sound like someone trying it on?

Cheers,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Default Re: Buyer says not able to pay through their PP account

If they were using Paypal's "echeck" option or funding Paypal through a new account, then there may be a delay before you would see anything from Paypal in your account. Usually there will be a "pending" notice in the "Activity" section of your account in such cases (perhaps not always, it has been a while since I've received an echeck). These usually clear in 3-6 days, at which point the seller should receive a notice from Paypal that the payment has cleared, you have received the funds, and that it is OK to ship. If the customer sent funds by echeck, then they should definitely see a pending echeck in their "Activity" list.

That may not be the case with your sale, however, I thought I'd mention it as a possibility.

I would send them another email saying you still don't have the payment. You could invoice them direct via Paypal or ask them to send the money direct to your email address via Paypal.

If they don't respond then contact support and explain what has happened to get the sale cancelled and your fee reimbursed as you can't send payment reminders.

Update.

Have now received a message saying there is an "echeque" pending, so will just have to wait to see if that clears.

And thank you for your responses.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thread Information