eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non-payers?

Forum Newbie
    View LoveMyStuff's Feedback (+682)
    All-About LoveMyStuff
    View LoveMyStuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non-payers?

Hi everyone. I am new to eBid and could do with some advice. Please bear with me while I explain, I have been with the “other” selling site for a number of years, with good feedback and 100 free listings per day for ages. Recently however, my Seller Level fell “Below Standard” after being “Above Standard” forever. On investigation I found that this is simply because I got so cheesed off with non-payers that, instead of following procedure and allowing so many days for them to pay through the “Open unpaid item case”, I simply cancelled the transaction and gave the reason “out of stock” so that I could re-list the item, not realising that I would be penalised for this if it happened more than 5 times. I am now allowed a measly 20 free listings per month:-(

I had looked at joining eBid in the past but now I am convinced I’ve done the right thing, mainly because of the much fairer fee system. My question is what happens if someone bids, or Buys Now and doesn’t pay? Can the seller cancel the transaction or is there a procedure?

Sorry if it’s written down somewhere, I’m still navigating my way around the site.

Also, if anyone cares to have a look at my listings and give advice I would be very grateful (eg, I'm unsure about the "Run until sold" option).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Default Re: Non-payers?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyStuff View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new to eBid and could do with some advice. Please bear with me while I explain, I have been with the “other” selling site for a number of years, with good feedback and 100 free listings per day for ages. Recently however, my Seller Level fell “Below Standard” after being “Above Standard” forever. On investigation I found that this is simply because I got so cheesed off with non-payers that, instead of following procedure and allowing so many days for them to pay through the “Open unpaid item case”, I simply cancelled the transaction and gave the reason “out of stock” so that I could re-list the item, not realising that I would be penalised for this if it happened more than 5 times. I am now allowed a measly 20 free listings per month:-(

I had looked at joining eBid in the past but now I am convinced I’ve done the right thing, mainly because of the much fairer fee system. My question is what happens if someone bids, or Buys Now and doesn’t pay? Can the seller cancel the transaction or is there a procedure?

Sorry if it’s written down somewhere, I’m still navigating my way around the site.

Also, if anyone cares to have a look at my listings and give advice I would be very grateful (eg, I'm unsure about the "Run until sold" option).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Welcome from us all.

Yes you can cancel a sale if they are a NPB (Non Paying Bidder), however , you will loose the ability to reclaim the fee for the transaction.
    The best way is to send the invoice, then 2 payment reminders, if still no response then, mark as NPB, wait a day or 2, then claim the FVF (final Valuation Fee) back. Don't forget to leave feedback to inform others about a NPB.

As for run till sold - that will drop your listing to the bottom of the search pile. The best way to change that is to use the Re-list option where you can set the auction to end after a time set by yourself, and have it relisted up to ten times. You just need to make sure you update the Relist option on a regular basis.
    i have mt items ending every 4 days, so with 10 relists I only need to bulk edit once a month.

Happy selling,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About LoveMyStuff
    Forum Posts

Thank you Jason for your excellent advice and the lovely welcome. 4-day listing sounds good, keeps the interest, I will have a look at my listings and do some updates.

Now, I have another question (sorry) as a Newbie: I noticed on a seller's listing that they were away for a few days so put a note out to say so, and that they would post any sales on their return. Is it ok to do this (frowned upon on the "other" site) and if so, is there a way to do a "bulk post"?

Thanks again,

Helene

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

The procedure is to register a non-paying buyer on the drop-down menu. You can only do this after invoice and two reminders. Your fee is refunded following this procedure.

On the other matter, you can place a notice on all your auctions. See the My notices on the left hand navigation column. You can say for example, no dispatch between 24 and 28 April as away. I find buyers are happy to wait so long as the notice is clear.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    All-About LoveMyStuff
    Forum Posts

Thanks for advice on both matters Bill. Fingers crossed I won't come across too many non-paying bidders.

Thread Information