Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Embedded link in my own website to one of my eBid stores - Allowed?

View mrskyp's Feedback (+409)
    All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Embedded link in my own website to one of my eBid stores - Allowed?

I am working with some colleagues on a simple website (nothing to do with auctions), and I assume it's ok to include a link to one of my eBid stores somewhere on the site, as an internet address which a user can click and go to my store.

But is it possible to set up a page within our site, so that if a user goes to that page, my store will automatically be opened? with HTML or iframe maybe?

Anyone know about this?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Embedded link in my own website to one of my eBid stores - Allowed?

No problem with adding links back to your eBid 'About Me' page & stores from an outside website - I do it - as do many others here.

Can't help with your 2nd query, though,

Quote Originally Posted by mrskyp View Post
    I am working with some colleagues on a simple website (nothing to do with auctions), and I assume it's ok to include a link to one of my eBid stores somewhere on the site, as an internet address which a user can click and go to my store.

But is it possible to set up a page within our site, so that if a user goes to that page, my store will automatically be opened? with HTML or iframe maybe?

Anyone know about this?
    Hi, as Anniemcc2 said there's no problem with the first bit - all of my stores have landing page websites to direct them into my eBid store.... Concerning the second part, it depends on whatever site builder you're using - the sites I've built on webs.com allow me to do that, whereas the ones on Wix don't, so it really depends on who you're using to build your sites with.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrskyp View Post
    There are various ways to do this; server side, HTML meta tags, JavaScript.

I have used the HTML meta tag method before, e.g.

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1; url=https://venus-fashion.ebid.net/" />
    The preferred method is to do it server side if you have the needed access.
    Using the meta tag method is a bit frowned upon by purists but worked for me.
    The JavaScript method requires that the target device has JavaScript enabled - which it may not.

Do a search on HTML redirect ​for more info.

View mrskyp's Feedback (+409)
    All-About mrskyp
    View mrskyp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Awesome - thanks for that Astral, just what we needed!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another thought...

Since the days when I was doing it eBid now has an API. If you have the needed programming skills you could likely use that to create a view of your store(s) within your own site rather than redirecting to eBid.

I don't have the link to eBid's Developer Centre to hand, but if you contact support@ebid.net they can provide you with the information about the API and the necessary keys to access it.
    ( https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...=1#post1617791 refers )

I also used to have a lovely PHP script, written by eBid user tozcentral, that built a paginated view of your items for sale within your own site page using the RSS feed from eBid. I don't know if that would still work though as the site has changed at lot since then and I no longer have a website to try it on (assuming I even still have the code buried somewhere on my computer).

Good luck whichever route you take. I would be interested in seeing the result.
    Last edited by astral276; 18th April 2018 at 08:40 AM.

Thread Information