Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comics categories

Default Comics categories

Please look at reviewing and updating your Comics categories for Modern Comics.

The following are fairly obsolete:
    Chaos
    Dreamwave
    Malibu
    and Top Cow should be covered by Image

Currently highly relevant but missing from your list:
    Boom!
    Oni
    Valiant
    Aspen
    Archie
    Fantagraphics

Becoming relevant:
    Black Mask
    Aftershock
    Lion Forge
    Last edited by LuckyTarget; 5th May 2018 at 04:27 PM.

Default Re: Comics categories

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTarget View Post
    Please look at reviewing and updating your Comics categories for Modern Comics.

The following are fairly obsolete:
    Chaos
    Dreamwave
    Malibu
    and Top Cow should be covered by Image

Currently highly relevant but missing from your list:
    Boom!
    Oni
    Valiant
    Aspen
    Fantagraphics

Becoming relevant:
    Black Mask
    Aftershock
    Lionforge
    I don't know if you are aware of this, but i've noticed that when a category is removed the items that have been assigned that category end up in random categories.
    I know as i've had trading cards end up in Antiques due to re-arranging (adding/removing categories).
    And the downside to that is, unless you are aware a category has been removed, the items stay in the wrong category.

Wow, I wonder how many other times I can use the word category.

The adding of a category however doesn't affect listings.

To me no comic category is irrelevant.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

The post is a suggestion that eBid UPDATE their categories for comics. It is unlikely that eBid designers will have much comic specific knowledge. The list of categories for Modern were probably created a long time ago when a small number of comic sellers were listing a lot of low value indies. The point was not to suggest taking anything away and thereby upsetting some sellers. If Malibu etc stays under 'Modern' forever, that would make absolutely no difference to me.

Something that I believe would improve the look and quality of the Comics section of the site would be a list of Publishers that more truly reflect Modern comics today. Including major publishers that are producing a lot of current, popular, high quality comics might help potential buyers shop and it would quickly give them the message that eBid is, itself, modern and current.

I would also like to see some improvement to other Comics categories but have opted to stick to a single, very simple suggestion, in the hopes that it might get through.

The post is a suggestion that eBid UPDATE their categories for comics. It is unlikely that eBid designers will have much comic specific knowledge. The list of categories for Modern were probably created a long time ago when a small number of comic sellers were listing a lot of low value indies. The point was not to suggest taking anything away and thereby upsetting some sellers. If Malibu etc stays under 'Modern' forever, that would make absolutely no difference to me.

Something that I believe would improve the look and quality of the Comics section of the site would be a list of Publishers that more truly reflect Modern comics today. Including major publishers that are producing a lot of current, popular, high quality comics might help potential buyers shop and it would quickly give them the message that eBid is, itself, modern and current.

I would also like to see some improvement to other Comics categories but have opted to stick to a single, very simple suggestion, in the hopes that it might get through.
    Agree. We Need some housekeeping in the comics categories even though I suggested some of the categories we have now but this was a long time ago.
    Its not Just the categories that need looking at some of us me included need to look at our stores to. Some of them are hard to navigate and some have large amount of run until sold which doesn't help keep the category looking fresh and modern.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Agree. We Need some housekeeping in the comics categories even though I suggested some of the categories we have now but this was a long time ago.
    Its not Just the categories that need looking at some of us me included need to look at our stores to. Some of them are hard to navigate and some have large amount of run until sold which doesn't help keep the category looking fresh and modern.
    I have had tons of feedback from new users about problems with navigation, P. Not actually with my store, itself, but with eBid design which way is behind other sites, not 'user-friendly', not great for shopping on mobile, not good for general search etc. I have been told this stuff by customers over and over and over and invariably have to give detailed descriptions to users to guide them through navigation when all they want to do is shop. It is tiring and frustrating but eBid has no system for suggestions except this forum. Every time I have used these forums in the past the little yapping chihuahua has come out to deflect and shout down the concept of progress. I have brought a large amount of business to the site recently so I thought eBid might listen to a small, completely non-threatening suggestion this time. *sigh*
    Last edited by LuckyTarget; 12th April 2018 at 10:13 PM.

I have had tons of feedback from new users about problems with navigation, P. Not actually with my store, itself, but with eBid design which way is behind other sites, not 'user-friendly', not great for shopping on mobile, not good for general search etc. I have been told this stuff by customers over and over and over and invariably have to give detailed descriptions to users to guide them through navigation when all they want to do is shop. It is tiring and frustrating but eBid has no system for suggestions except this forum. Every time I have used these forums in the past the little yapping chihuahua has come out to deflect and shout down the concept of progress. I have brought a large amount of business to the site recently so I thought eBid might listen a small, completely non-threatening suggestion this time. *sigh*
    I hear ya. Think the last time I added some suggestions I did it straight to the staff them selves. Think there is a direct email to them but can't for the life of me remember what it is but perhaps we the comic seller of ebid ( blimey like that makes us sound like a Legion or something lol) should contact them with suggestion of what we are looking for.

Right off now to find that email addy

I had a long chat with them via the help ticket last time I was being attacked here on the forums. I suggested an easily visible feedback button that both sellers and shoppers could click to send a message anytime (without the forums at all). I suggested that maybe one of their staff could just check the messages once a week and then raise any patterns/ideas at their team meetings once a month. Seemed like a pretty savvy suggestion to me but they were not interested and said I should send feedback via a help ticket fi I did not want to deal with the forums. That seems like it would just clog up their helpdesk and also that they would never get any feedback from the many frustrated shoppers struggling with navigation. They would not give me any names or contact details of management, sadly.

Yeah, if you have a direct email that would be good. Like you say, if more than one of us comic sellers give unified feedback they might take it in on board. Email me direct if you need to.

I had a long chat with them via the help ticket last time I was being attacked here on the forums. I suggested an easily visible feedback button that both sellers and shoppers could click to send a message anytime (without the forums at all). I suggested that maybe one of their staff could just check the messages once a week and then raise any patterns/ideas at their team meetings once a month. Seemed like a pretty savvy suggestion to me but they were not interested and said I should send feedback via a help ticket fi I did not want to deal with the forums. That seems like it would just clog up their helpdesk and also that they would never get any feedback from the many frustrated shoppers struggling with navigation. They would not give me any names or contact details of management, sadly.

Yeah, if you have a direct email that would be good. Like you say, if more than one of us comic sellers give unified feedback they might take it in on board. Email me direct if you need to.
    Maybe if as many of the comic sellers as possible got together and worked out a layout of how the comic categories should look, it could then be passed onto the powers that be.

Also, and this one i've just discovered today, is that if a category exists, and then sub-categories are added to it when none existed before, an item cannot be relisted without picking one of the sub-categories, thus creatinmg the problem of having to relist one item at a time. I know as I just had to do it that way.
    I found this out as I had forgot to renew my auto-listings today and went through items "Listings I ran Without sales" to relist them. Out of the couple of thousand listings, 14 of them didn't relist as a new sub-category had been added to the main category I had them listed in at the time of creation.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Maybe if as many of the comic sellers as possible got together and worked out a layout of how the comic categories should look, it could then be passed onto the powers that be.

Also, and this one i've just discovered today, is that if a category exists, and then sub-categories are added to it when none existed before, an item cannot be relisted without picking one of the sub-categories, thus creatinmg the problem of having to relist one item at a time. I know as I just had to do it that way.
    I found this out as I had forgot to renew my auto-listings today and went through items "Listings I ran Without sales" to relist them. Out of the couple of thousand listings, 14 of them didn't relist as a new sub-category had been added to the main category I had them listed in at the time of creation.

Jason
    Jason that do sound like a good idea but there are 24 in the UK ebid how are you going to get all of them to agree on things could open a can of worms mate.

S AKA Lucky Target the email addy to contact the powers that be is support@ebid.net put your suggestions to them via this one matey.

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Jason that do sound like a good idea but there are 24 in the UK ebid how are you going to get all of them to agree on things could open a can of worms mate.

S AKA Lucky Target the email addy to contact the powers that be is support@ebid.net put your suggestions to them via this one matey.
    Cheers, P. I will use that to send my suggested category adds though, I think that is just the email that opens a help ticket. I still think they have a really ineffective system for suggestions/feedback.

J, I wish we could have the kind of community where a whole group of sellers would work together but, I know it'll never happen. The best you can hope for in this industry is to find your own clique. When I first started my business I was full of hopes about community and tried to bring traders at my local events together. Many jaded, disappointment-filled years later, I would not now waste a smile on half of them. There are probably one or two on here that I have met and would not want to try and work with. A few I know would never co-operate with anyone else. It is also a mix of tax-paying businesses and non-business sellers, which can be awkward. Plus, a few who may source their stock in less than industry-positive ways. As P says...'a can of worms'.

I am conscious that the only way I am probably going to have the smart, easily navigable, shopping cart enabled site that I really want to sell on is if I go fully independent. Until I can make that happen I assume I am just going to have to work with what is here (much as it feels like swimming against the tide some days).

Thread Information