eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bulk overwrite problem on NL?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bulk overwrite problem on NL?

I made some changes to my listings in NL and requested overwrite but although the listings were passed they weren't changed.

Gill_280318213358.zip

I have recently changed to Chrome and Win 10. Am I missing something?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Default Re: Bulk overwrite problem on NL?

To quote myself in a conversation we had here 3 years ago when you had a problem with Chrome, "probably depends upon other items you have checked in the "wonderworld of Chrome!"

I'm not authorised to enter your zip file, so cannot check anything. However, I'd suggest you check the support for Chrome, as I suspect the problem you are having is not eBid specific I suspect my original comment still applies!

This is why I've stopped chopping and changing my default browser and stayed with Chrome As upgrades come through I am more likely to find clashes and be able to circumvent their consequences. That does not mean that I do not test out others from time to time of course, but I stick to Chrome as default on several operating systems, including W10 which I am using at the moment. Are you sure you have the latest version of Chrome? Check your version number against that on their download page. They also have a "Cleanup" tool....but this should be used with extreme caution, as you may imagine.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    To quote myself in a conversation we had here 3 years ago when you had a problem with Chrome, "probably depends upon other items you have checked in the "wonderworld of Chrome!"

I'm not authorised to enter your zip file, so cannot check anything. However, I'd suggest you check the support for Chrome, as I suspect the problem you are having is not eBid specific I suspect my original comment still applies!

This is why I've stopped chopping and changing my default browser and stayed with Chrome As upgrades come through I am more likely to find clashes and be able to circumvent their consequences. That does not mean that I do not test out others from time to time of course, but I stick to Chrome as default on several operating systems, including W10 which I am using at the moment. Are you sure you have the latest version of Chrome? Check your version number against that on their download page. They also have a "Cleanup" tool....but this should be used with extreme caution, as you may imagine.

TBH I do not remember that conversation so if those in the know can find it and paste a link here I will read.

I am using the current version of Chrome.

As far as I can remember I was using Chrome on my old laptop which was purchased in 2013. One week ago I purchased a new laptop with Win 10. I've gone through each stage of the clickable results and cannot find a reason why the upload wasn't overwritten.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...+tab+in+Chrome

That's the link, though not really relevant to updating a new machine. The problem you have has quite a lengthy thread started by Madeleine late last year, so may help - haven't had time to read it yet. (This is because we are deep in the Easter Triduum, so there is much "toing and froing" and carrying of parishioners even older than myself! (VBG)
    Last edited by cambrensis; 30th March 2018 at 11:16 AM.

Thread Information