eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Search for Items Sold

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Search for Items Sold

It's an old subject that repeatedly gets asked for and ignored, but, can we please have a proper facility to search by items sold.
    i know there is a very restricted one on the front page but that's all but useless for research.

eBay do it,
    Delcampe do it.

now we need eBid to do it.

If you are not willing to do it then please explain to your members why not.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Search for Items Sold

Ouch
    Guess why it is not on eBid.

Why?

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post
    Why?
    That is what is being asked.

It doesn't really bother me, as long as I get some sales I'm happy

I would be nice to see some stats though

at one point in time people were able to search for closed listings and the results would have a green check mark if it sold & a red X if it did not sell. After people were complaining that things didn't sell on ebid & pointed out all the red X's that showed in the results, ebid did away with it that option. You can still search closed listings, but now you can not tell if anything sold or not unless you click on every listing one at time, which is very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    at one point in time people were able to search for closed listings and the results would have a green check mark if it sold & a red X if it did not sell. After people were complaining that things didn't sell on ebid & pointed out all the red X's that showed in the results, ebid did away with it that option. You can still search closed listings, but now you can not tell if anything sold or not unless you click on every listing one at time, which is very time consuming.
    Some kinds of items do sell well here, according to sellers with 1,000s of feedback (gained here, not imported). So why not be transparent with those who can be bothered to research the site in depth?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I know that there will be some forum posters who say that this is eBid and not the other selling websites ...

But ...

I would really like to see a search of closed / sold / unsold items function available here.

We see sold items on the front page, but the search of sold items in the advanced search is useless, in my opinion.

I agree Johnwash1

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I know that there will be some forum posters who say that this is eBid and not the other selling websites ...
    If there are such posters then their logic is flawed. This isn't about giving the site a unique flavour, it's about making useful info accessible. When I have something to sell I want to get an idea of what price it might fetch, whether there's competition for this kind of item.

By concealing this it just makes it look as if the site owners are ashamed of those stats. It reinforces the beliefs of those who allege that this is just a site where all the owners care about is conning people into paying 49.99 for lifetime subs.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information