eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does social media know too much?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Does social media know too much?

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I love my facebook. Like Tia and madeleine, I don't put anything online that isn't public knowledge anyway, except maybe a few photos of the birds and rabbits around the place. With this, I am able to keep in touch with my kids, grandkids (through my girls' limited postings), family and friends in the states, and even video chat with them. I enjoy keeping up with what is going on in their lives, and see articles they have written, or are interested in. Don't use it on the phone. If you aren't on FB, your info is still out there a lot from emails, using google, etc. When I fly to the states, sometimes my suitcase is opened and inspected. That is a similar invasion, tho for a different reason. I've had people in my home when my mom lived with me, to help from time to time, and later found I had things missing. There is no absolutely safe or private place in the world, unless you are a hermit from birth, living in an unknown (unlikely!) cave.
    what a innocent care free happy life you lead via face book , while fb without a by your leave store,monitor, your communications, sell this information to 3rd parties who use the information to hit on you eg, and not limited to, direct sales advertising, political advertising and campaigning you are surely aware of the FB scandal at the moment, and all the parties you are innocently talking to via FB, not quite as innocent as we are lead to believe, meta data collecting via communications in this case instant messages and emails is not just done "because we can" it is used as surveillance, marketing and illegal practices ,

your analogy of "your info is still out there through emails" is wrong while the pure metadata may be stored , the email in know way is subject to a intermediary party EG fb who sell this information, another analogy of yours "when i fly to the states some times my suitcase is opened" well every time if its not opened its looked into, and you know before hand this is going/very likely to happen and of course you chose to make a choice of this invasion of privacy, whether you agree with it or not, convenience/inconvenience what price your privacy has? up until last week you never made that choice with FB because you did not know your privacy was being invaded , now you can make that choice convenience or privacy which do you chose ?

"there is no absolutely safe or private place in the world" that's somewhat stating the obvious is it not , sounds very much like a justification for FB to take of you whatever they want , kinda justifies these monster organisations to do what ever they like, if you still do not understand why Zuckerberg ​has apologised has lost 79billion, off the company books and refuses to talk to MPS and advertisers suspending there accounts,

im quite willing to take this up a level if you want,

I love my facebook ​oh dear
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Default Re: Does social media know too much?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    what a innocent care free happy life you lead via face book , while fb without a by your leave store,monitor, your communications, sell this information to 3rd parties who use the information to hit on you eg, and not limited to, direct sales advertising, political advertising and campaigning you are surely aware of the FB scandal at the moment, and all the parties you are innocently talking to via FB, not quite as innocent as we are lead to believe, meta data collecting via communications in this case instant messages and emails is not just done "because we can" it is used as surveillance, marketing and illegal practices ,

your analogy of "your info is still out there through emails" is wrong while the pure metadata may be stored , the email in know way is subject to a intermediary party EG fb who sell this information, another analogy of yours "when i fly to the states some times my suitcase is opened" well every time if its not opened its looked into, and you know before hand this is going/very likely to happen and of course you chose to make a choice of this invasion of privacy, whether you agree with it or not, convenience/inconvenience what price your privacy has? up until last week you never made that choice with FB because you did not know your privacy was being invaded , now you can make that choice convenience or privacy which do you chose ?

"there is no absolutely safe or private place in the world" that's somewhat stating the obvious is it not , sounds very much like a justification for FB to take of you whatever they want , kinda justifies these monster organisations to do what ever they like, if you still do not understand why Zuckerberg ​has apologised has lost 79billion, off the company books and refuses to talk to MPS and advertisers suspending there accounts,

im quite willing to take this up a level if you want,

I love my facebook ​oh dear
    I love Facebook, too, Sid. I'm back in touch with relatives and friends I haven't seen in years, it's an easy way to communicate with my family, and most importantly, we share a LOT of photos and good times.

I'm also careful not to ask a question on Google that might reveal something I don't want known to outsiders.

I don't discuss sensitive issues via email.

Anything that goes out via the internet can be hacked.

Thread Information