eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBAY spring and may upates good for us?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31263)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBAY spring and may upates good for us?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Lol, like the new name !
    There have been many times when there has been an influx from the other side the biggest one back in 2008 when loads of us came across, that's when I started selling here full time. The lack of advertising has always been an issue, I only found out about eBid back in 2005 because a friend on the other side told me. The site was really tiny in those days so it has grown rapidly but I agree sellers here could do with some more promotional help and I would be willing to up my fvf to 3% to see that happen.
    I would certainly leave Ebid if the fvf increased. The reason it works for me is the low sales cost. It would be more cost effective to host a sales platform myself and spend my own targetted advertising money.

The advert which always seems to appear on my Ebid is Help us to grow organically, leave a review
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I would certainly leave Ebid if the fvf increased. The reason it works for me is the low sales cost. It would be more cost effective to host a sales platform myself and spend my own targetted advertising money.

The advert which always seems to appear on my Ebid is Help us to grow organically, leave a review
    There is a minimum FVF of 1p so, if you do the maths, there would be no significant change in the FVF for many stamps

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I really wish that sellers with lots to list would do so. It's beyond me why anyone would pay the seller + fee and then not use the site for the long haul. eBid needs more good quality sellers with lots of good quality listings.

Frankly, it is hard to expect sellers to large quantities of items without a bit of promotion being done to improve buyer traffic. Yes, many of us have paid for the seller+ lifetime membership, but are still waiting for the site to take off. In fact, based on the activity from the tower, or lack thereof, there is some question if seller+ lifetime was actually that wise of an investment. Even things like the monthly newsletter seems to have gone by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post

Surely with no listing fees it would still work out much more cost effective than any other site if they upped the fvf to 3% ? They haven't raised the fees here since I first joined in 2005 which is astounding compared to all the big sites ! If a 1% rise could be used to bring in more customers I would be up for it.

The worrying change on the darkside is the 4% additional final value fees charged to 'below standard' sellers.

Okay.....this will probably see a huge migration of such sellers to eBid. But, do we really want all the dross from over there?

Likelihood is, they would want to move their feedback over here and some of them have literally hundreds of negs.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

One solution to the transferred feedback problem would be if it were to be removed after one year. I can see the advantage of not seeming to be completely new to online selling but after a year a seller should have built up some feedback on eBid.

Thread Information