eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combined postage

Default Re: Combined postage

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    Now that paypal dont refund fees buyers must wait for their invoices! But buyers dont read instructions or their emails it seems! Maybe blackballing them might make them listen.
    You could just refund them the excess postage minus the non-refundable paypal fee's.

Or,

You could do what I do and include a little slip saying "We do give shipping discount for multiple purchases, however we only give on a combined Invoice before payment is made. We will refund you some shipping this time only, so please contacts us via eBid to let us know you have received this slip. Kind Regards"

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recently enclosed coins to refund excess postage - thus avoiding the paypal fee problem.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I recently enclosed coins to refund excess postage - thus avoiding the paypal fee problem.
    But you still the percentage part of the Paypal fee.

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    Now that paypal dont refund fees buyers must wait for their invoices! But buyers dont read instructions or their emails it seems! Maybe blackballing them might make them listen.
    Rather than blocking them, they might better learn their lesson if you'd simply ship and not refund. If you want to give them an incentive, you can include a voucher for some amount that is good toward their next purchase, along with a written explanation of how to request an invoice to avoid overpaying on postage (noting that you don't do refunds due to fees you incur). Some people will read a short written note more readily than they'll scroll down on a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    Rather than blocking them, they might better learn their lesson if you'd simply ship and not refund. If you want to give them an incentive, you can include a voucher for some amount that is good toward their next purchase, along with a written explanation of how to request an invoice to avoid overpaying on postage (noting that you don't do refunds due to fees you incur). Some people will read a short written note more readily than they'll scroll down on a screen.
    A voucher is an excellent idea. Indeed I might think about vouchers for a small percentage off all repeat business. I could go even further and include vouchers with my ebay sales offering discount if they buy next time from ebid!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3007)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recently decided that I would finally have to reflect the increased UK postage costs where people want recorded or registered, I've always offered free 2nd class UK postage by charging zero as the price for 2nd class postage NOT offering free postage as the postage option which latter prevents the ability to offer recorded or registered, - hope that makes sense

I used the bulk edit facility and as far I can see this wasn't an issues and the new prices for postage appear in the listing.

however when someone purchases something the default UK postage charge from ebid has seemingly changed from my effective free postage to 2nd class recorded and no amount of exchange with ebid support has resulted in them understanding my problem.

short of my buying something myself I'm not sure how I can check if 2nd class recorded is now the default UK postage and if it is why and how do I change it - never had this problem in the 10+ years I've been on ebid.

advice ? anyone had this issue?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    But you still the percentage part of the Paypal fee.
    Yes, but I didn't refund quite the whole amount and I think it looks nicer - many non-sellers don't really want 76p in their paypal account.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information