Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we be worried?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Should we be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Yes, used to fly like hell for the last couple of months of the year to use up the fuel quota so that it wouldn't be cut the next year.

I assumed that you were serious in your original post, but from your response I guess you thought that you were joking. Just goes to show that the government (or the MoD penny counters) are more than just a joke.
    Sort of half joking! I should have known better though.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Yes it happens in all fields; it is done in education, and even the local tied pub does it!

Glad you quoted as you did Olivia! Check back through just my lifetime and you'll find that whenever we are in crisis, then the powers that be will create a different one so that we look in a different direction' I take all their nonsense with a pinch of salt. When Churchill made his famous "Iron Curtain" speech in Fulton in 1946, he was in fact quoting Goebbels who had used the phrase earlier ("Das Reich", Feb 1945); of course, the fact that Germany had forced that curtain to descend seemed to elude Goebbels.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Yes, used to fly like hell for the last couple of months of the year to use up the fuel quota so that it wouldn't be cut the next year.

I assumed that you were serious in your original post, but from your response I guess you thought that you were joking. Just goes to show that the government (or the MoD penny counters) are more than just a joke.
    I don't think it's just the MoD who plays that game.

One of my 2 local Highways Departments is very good at filling potholes and/or resurfacing roads and pavements in March. Unlike the other one, which has just postponed very needed road repairs until April, because their budget has run out.

Thread Information