Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making it clearer that its free to join Ebid

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Making it clearer that its free to join Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Who are you agreeing with? Me or MJAUCTIONS?

If me, then I have raised the missing basic Seller option on the signup page several times - though without checking I'm not sure if I raised it on the bug or suggestions forum (though likely as a bug).

Never seen any interest by admin in correcting the ommission so have come to assume, as previously said, that it is a deliberate ploy on their part to push prospective sellers towards a paid subscription.

The basic Seller option did use to be on the signup page but vanished a couple of site revamps ago.
    Both of you! It needs to be clear that joining to buy is free and it needs to clear that you can sell without paying upfront(though none of us would suggest that it is the best way to use eBid?)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

This thread is a valid one and needs moving to Website Suggestions, where it can fall on deaf ears/be ignored officiallly

Or alternatively Gazza might start listening to members to give them what they are advocating.

There is much unrest on the Bay at the moment, another chance for eBid to step up to the challenge of getting more buyers/sellers on board.

2 days and we may see more unrest those who shall not be named

Quote Originally Posted by Posbear View Post
    There is much unrest on the Bay at the moment, another chance for eBid to step up to the challenge of getting more buyers/sellers on board.
    There does seem to be a recruitment opportunity opening as they take yet another step in de-emphasizing auctions and toward pushing store subscriptions.

As the thread got shut down in the suggestions category, maybe we need to come up with some concrete suggestions as to HOW to make it clearer before posting there.
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 1st April 2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    There does seem to be a recruitment opportunity opening as they take yet another step in de-emphasizing auctions and toward pushing store subscriptions.

As the thread got shut down in the suggestions category, maybe we need to come up with some concrete suggestions as to HOW to make it clearer before posting there.
    It was shut down, seemingly, by the original poster there, not admin. No idea why it was shut down.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    It was shut down, seemingly, by the original poster there, not admin. No idea why it was shut down.
    I believe the OP closed it immediately and referred back to this thread using a link.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would help enormously if the registration page (https://www.ebid.net/uk/register/) gave the option to register a basic free Seller account rather than just Buyer and Seller Plus.

I'm sure many potential sellers are lost because it appears they have to pay up front before they can sell.

Sadly, I have given up trying to get eBid to fix that after many attempts. I have to assume that they are deliberately trying to push people to one of the subscription seller accounts and have no desire to make it easy for newcomers to find the free Seller option.
    Hooray! Finally the option to sign up as a basic Seller is back on the registration page.

I wonder who convinced admin to do that? It can't have been me as I have asked for it numerous times over eons and they never paid any attention. Whoever it was... Well done.

Hooray! Finally the option to sign up as a basic Seller is back on the registration page.

I wonder who convinced admin to do that? It can't have been me as I have asked for it numerous times over eons and they never paid any attention. Whoever it was... Well done.
    Whatever next? Perhaps a front page that's about buyers, instead of touting the site as a place for sellers?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information