eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sending payments for YDC

Default Re: Sending payments for YDC

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I'm going to do a *bump* of this thread.

It will affect any Americans sending money internationally via the "friends and family option" for the next YDC.
    Actually, I would just send money as if paying for an item with a bit more to cover the fee, rather than friends & family. Adding an additional 5% should do it ... much less than the $3.00-$5.00 fee.

Hurry ...

I think that anyone sending international payments for YDC will have to tell the seller what they want the invoice to read (or maybe the buyer can adjust it to include fees?) because the friends and family option is not a good one for YDC international transactions going forward. This change will affect US in April and UK in May.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Hurry ...

I think that anyone sending international payments for YDC will have to tell the seller what they want the invoice to read (or maybe the buyer can adjust it to include fees?) because the friends and family option is not a good one for YDC international transactions going forward. This change will affect US in April and UK in May.
    You don't have to worry about the invoice just use the 'send money' tab as usual and change it from friends and family to paying for an item or service instead. You can send the amount you want with a bit to cover the fee like Hurry said.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you know when in May it is changing.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    Do you know when in May it is changing.
    USA: (Effective Date: April 19, 2018) $2.99 or $4.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 2.9% of the transaction amount.

Germany: (Effective Date: May 25, 2018) EUR 1.99 or EUR 3.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 1.9% of the transaction amount.

Australia: (Effective date: 5 April 2018) $5.99 AUD flat fee, a 2.6% + fixed fee will apply, but the 2.6% will only apply to the portion of the payment for which you used the credit card or debit card.

UK: (Effective Date: May 25, 2018) GBP 1.99 or GBP 3.99 per transaction depending on the recipient’s country + 3.4% of the transaction amount.
    etc.

Smaller fixed fee (first number) works for (right for UK, may be different for other countries):" ...

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why not send 'donations' direct to the charity instead of through Paypal?

Even more so if they use a commission free set up e.g. BT Donate, Virgin Money Giving, GoldenGiving, etc.

Just an idea....

Found this PayPal fees calculator that will help determine how much extra needs to be sent to cover fees.

https://www.ppcalculator.com/

For those of us in the US, just click the UK button and it calculates the international fees in £

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    You don't have to worry about the invoice just use the 'send money' tab as usual and change it from friends and family to paying for an item or service instead. You can send the amount you want with a bit to cover the fee like Hurry said.

Cornishmaid, thanks for this as I was just about to stop doing YDC because of the PayPal fees to send it and I couldn't top off if I just paid the invoice. Because of this finally registering I do plan to see if I can try again next month. The way I have been doing if I wanted to help say 3 people I would have to give PayPal $9.00 to do the 3 transactions --- by NOT using Friends and Family and using SERVICE it would be less than $1.00 to PayPal for 3 transactions. LOL I was asking God to help me find a way and He drug me to this post.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information