eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sending payments for YDC

Default Sending payments for YDC

I was thinking about listing for YDC.

Something that changed, I think, in 2017 was some of the PayPal charges for the sending money via the friends and family option.

In Nov 2017 I sent some YDC money to the US. I send $9.26 US ($12 CDN). The recipient got about $9 Cdn and PayPal took a fee of about $3 Cdn.

As a YDC seller, I would rather add a handling fee to my shipping charge and pay the fees myself as it is less expensive. More money can go to the charity.

The buyer can request an invoice for combining. If the buyer wants to do a top up, then the additional can be added to the shipping on the invoice.

Does this make sense or am I missing something here? Sometimes I get confused.

Would anyone object if I didn't charge postage at cost if I listed for YDC?

Any comments?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sending payments for YDC

I am sure there is nothing in the rules about how we send money. In the UK there are only charges for converting currencies

If the money is sent within Canada and from a PayPal account then it is free. If funded by credit or Visa debit then there is a fee.

It's the international fees that I come up. $3 Canadian to US, and various countries in Europe. To some other countries it is $4 Cdn.

When I sent money internationally for YDC I never ran into this before, and I think that the rules were changed in 2017.

If a person is selling to someone in their own country for YDC, then they wouldn't be subject to these fees.

As most YDC sellers / buyers are in the UK, they wouldn't be affected.

Plus, currency exchanges come into play.

Thanks, Meebo.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I was thinking about listing for YDC.

Something that changed, I think, in 2017 was some of the PayPal charges for the sending money via the friends and family option.

In Nov 2017 I sent some YDC money to the US. I send $9.26 US ($12 CDN). The recipient got about $9 Cdn and PayPal took a fee of about $3 Cdn.

As a YDC seller, I would rather add a handling fee to my shipping charge and pay the fees myself as it is less expensive. More money can go to the charity.

The buyer can request an invoice for combining. If the buyer wants to do a top up, then the additional can be added to the shipping on the invoice.

Does this make sense or am I missing something here? Sometimes I get confused.

Would anyone object if I didn't charge postage at cost if I listed for YDC?

Any comments?
    Just received an update to PayPal policies and fees. This will also impact all YDC sellers in the US. The PayPal Friends and Family international fees has gone from a few pennies to a minimum $2.99!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yes, Hurry, I expect that the fees apply to any international friends and family payment.
    According to the PayPal update I received this evening, the changes in fees start 19 April, 2018 for US payments out of the country.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paypal is getting greedy ~ needs to hand out profits to it's shareholders and we have to pay for it.

Thread Information