My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Looking for Dunlop Powerbase

Default Looking for Dunlop Powerbase

About 25 years ago I moved about five times in three years. Somehow, in the process, I managed to lose my Dunlop Powerbase workbench, superficially like the Black&Decker variety but designed so much better. There was a lot of ancillary equipment available, all of which I have still, including the "destructions"!

It was poorly marketed by Dunlop on behalf of the original design firm which was in Kent, I believe, and eventually sold off through B&Q in the 80s.

If you have one you'd like to dispose of, or come across one in your travels - I'm in the market for it!

I did come across one, but it's in Yarmouth and is buyer collect. I don't fancy the ferry trip! (VBG)

Default Re: Looking for Dunlop Powerbase

Bump!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you got a picture?

I searched and found several variations captioned Dunlop Powerbase Workbench (one image even looked like a child's toy).

Most looked like early B&D workbenches but with a different top. You could likely make the top out or 3/4 inch ply and fix it to an old workbench.

Have been thinking along these lines as I have the manual for it and that has the dimensions. Also thought I could very well build it into a position for immediate use as I have the space for that. The annoying thing is that on two separate occasions I have found one for sale, with carriage at about £15 and on each occasion the seller decided that it could not have been sent and I would need to collect. One then stopped replying to emails and the other gave me three days in which to pick it up...but the time frame was too brief...ahhh me!

Yes...looks like "build it yourself"...thanks for searching. They'e also done some kind of golfing trainer with the same name!

Thread Information