Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can you believe it?

Default Re: Can you believe it?

If I was a politician dealing with this I would say

'That won't be a problem if you allow us to send mail to and from the US/UK with no postage charges'

Strange thing is that I don't ever recall coming across meat pies marketed as "Cornish Pasties" anywhere I've lived in the USA. Might have a bit more of a tussle with "Scotch" whiskey. I do like the free shipping idea, though!

Speaking of shipping, all EU mail from the USA was being routed through, examined for customs and sorted in the UK pre-Brexit. It really did speed up the delivery time to most EU nations. I hope that won't be ending, as it was so efficient. Perhaps they'll be moving that operation elsewhere, but I hope they maintain the high standard if so.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    Strange thing is that I don't ever recall coming across meat pies marketed as "Cornish Pasties" anywhere I've lived in the USA. Might have a bit more of a tussle with "Scotch" whiskey. I do like the free shipping idea, though!

Speaking of shipping, all EU mail from the USA was being routed through, examined for customs and sorted in the UK pre-Brexit. It really did speed up the delivery time to most EU nations. I hope that won't be ending, as it was so efficient. Perhaps they'll be moving that operation elsewhere, but I hope they maintain the high standard if so.
    I would think that it is almost certain that the custom arrangement you speak of will end when GB leaves the EU. It can only exist because GB is part of the EU and consequently has no custom border with the rest of the EU.
    You won't find meat pies labelled as Cornish Pasties in the USA. Firstly, a Cornish Pasty is not a meat pie. it is a pasty containing meat and vegetable. The USA wants to make a version and export it to us but I dread to think what will be put in the US version or the quality of the ingredients used.

Were Shawna Morris' department "more on the ball", the lady would know the work arounds available:

https://www.cheesemaking.com/

After all, the U.S. popularised the Frankfurter (now usually called a "hot dog") and the Hamburger ("Burger" for short); also we must not forget JFK's rousing "jam doughnut" speech!

Seriously, I suspect a lot of insider manoeuvring going on to see how far each side can go. Supermarkets here sell "Greek Style Yoghurt" alongside the genuine article. We can also buy so-called "American Style" food products, rarely like the originals.

This whole area is fraught with problems and contradictions. I'm now off to have a cheese sandwich - Irish Cheddar, of course!

Thread Information