My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Do you sell on EBAY also - if so make things cheaper here to help

Default Do you sell on EBAY also - if so make things cheaper here to help

When people want to buy something were do they go? They go were the Word Of Mouth Is ' Look on EBAY bound to be cheaper '

People believe this, go there and buy without hunting other sites

Now I'm pretty sure many here also sell their items on Ebay/Amazon etc along with this site but do you sell them cheaper here?

When you look at the fees differences Ebay etc take a much larger chunk of your profits so I thought it would be great if everyone
    here could do the following

1. Do your maths on what you will make from here and then other sites when fees are taken off, I'm pretty sure this place is miles cheaper
    2. Sell your items you also sell on other sites cheaper knowing you will still make more profit
    3. Start using social networks to put the word out that things may be cheaper on EBID which they will be if you lowered your price
    4. Email people that have bought from you on other sites letting them they can now find your items cheaper on EBID
    5. Always try and offer FREE SHIPPING and when possible make it 1st class signed for shipping to protect yourself

These changes can increase the traffic this site obtains not forgetting this is a UK Company which is a rarity these days and
    that's something which could be important once Brexit hits - I honest predict EBAY and co increasing fees on certain things due to
    the UK leaving the EU

I've not made any sales but I haven't really been here long, only started listing items for about 2 weeks which I'm a slow git at
    since most my stuff is 15+ years old and its hard to find info on them as most are were Handmade, low produced and in many cases
    not being made anymore

I'm posting this because I had an item here cheaper than EBAY and I had it on an extra 10% off but the item was sold on EBAY which
    I just find annoying, I still would have made more here on the sale. It proves one thing though - Many buyers are not hunting
    around for a cheaper deal and if they think its worth looking here with a you never know attitude then that's good for everyone here

Sorry for the long post and I may have put this I the wrong place

Default Re: Do you sell on EBAY also - if so make things cheaper here to help

Quote Originally Posted by leerebay26 View Post
    1. Do your maths on what you will make from here and then other sites when fees are taken off, I'm pretty sure this place is miles cheaper
    2. Sell your items you also sell on other sites cheaper knowing you will still make more profit
    3. Start using social networks to put the word out that things may be cheaper on EBID which they will be if you lowered your price
    4. Email people that have bought from you on other sites letting them they can now find your items cheaper on EBID
    5. Always try and offer FREE SHIPPING and when possible make it 1st class signed for shipping to protect yourself

These changes can increase the traffic this site obtains not forgetting this is a UK Company which is a rarity these days and
    that's something which could be important once Brexit hits - I honest predict EBAY and co increasing fees on certain things due to
    the UK leaving the EU

I'm posting this because I had an item here cheaper than EBAY and I had it on an extra 10% off but the item was sold on EBAY which I just find annoying, I still would have made more here on the sale. It proves one thing though - Many buyers are not hunting
    around for a cheaper deal.
    Welcome and hope you get sales here.

I've never offered Free Shipping as some see the cost of shipping in the price of the item you sell, rather than something that can be discounted with multiple purchases.
    If you have use a shipping cost instead of "Free Shipping", then surely you can lower the price of your item/s here more than you have already done so?
    And for always sending 1st Class Signed For... I always send 2nd Class (It may be a few pence difference, but everybody is counting their pennies these days), then depending on value of item/s, it may be charged at Signed For, or 1pm Guaranteed.
    I agree that if you sell on here and there, then reduce the price for here as, as the Fee's here are less.
    I don't email those that have bought from me on Ebay about finding items cheaper here, I include a Flyer with links to here.

As for the Ebay situation...
    Yes i've sold an item on there very recently for £160 without shipping, yet had it here listed for £98

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Free shipping might be suitable for the items you sell. It is a pain for many sellers of collectables (stamps, postcards etc) where multiple purchases from one buyer are usual. Postal discounts for such multiple purchases are much easier to arrange if free shipping is not used.
    Free shipping is a con encouraged by other large selling sites. There is no such thing as free shipping. It is included in the price

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Free shipping is "shipping included" and works well for single purchases. The reasons for offering it don't apply here as we don't pay fvf on the shipping cost.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Ok well I'm trying to think of ideas to gain more visitors and buyers - EBAY will be adding additional things soon so more fee's probably

If this site could even gain 50% more visitors sales would increase a lot

It is 'Free Shipping' If you the seller are paying for it and not including it in the price, this has been a confusing thing for many people,
    Shipping included means your adding the shipping cost to the item but showing it as free shipping and that's the fault of the sellers making
    this a common law for buyers thinking its included which it actually isn't in many cases but if you sell something on EBAY then sell something
    here without the shipping costs included you will get more sales. This obviously doesn't work for everyone as some items are to cheap to cover the costs

I pay all postage prices, yes you lose some profit but you gain a sale and possibly repeat customers who can also recommend your sales sometimes

Anyway I'm just trying to think of ideas to make this site popular since it's still not known well to a large amount of buyers

Thread Information