Thread: Cancelling a sale

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View MJAUCTIONS's Feedback (+278)
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    View MJAUCTIONS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Cancelling a sale

Have just had to cancel a sale and refund the payment via paypal. Looking through the help section I'm a little confused regarding charges, are they automatically cancelled too or do Ebid still charge me the commission.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cancelling a sale

Ooops you don't get your fees back if you cancel the sale. You have to mark the buyer as a non paying bidder to get your FVF back.

Quote Originally Posted by MJAUCTIONS View Post
    Have just had to cancel a sale and refund the payment via paypal. Looking through the help section I'm a little confused regarding charges, are they automatically cancelled too or do Ebid still charge me the commission.
    I've been down this route myself, and after having rufunded the individual, i've sent 2 NPB (non-paying bidder) decisions. However when i've then tried to mark as NPB, i've been unable to as they had previously been marked as paid.
    The only way I can see round that to get ebid Fee's back is to contact ebid themselves.

As for PayPal, you will not be refunded the basic fee, which for the UK is £0.20

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post

As for PayPal, you will not be refunded the basic fee, which for the UK is £0.20

Jason
    Which, even though it's a modest amount, really annoys me, on principle.

Until several years ago they refunded the whole payment without deducting anything. But then they changed it.

If you contact Paypal and tell them how outraged you are, they'll give you back your 20p. The more people that do it, the more they might take on board that it's a sneaky evil trick not to refund in full.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    Forum Posts

Thanks for help. Figured as much, very unfair of Ebid. It's only pennies but its the principle of the thing, very irritating as it was my first sale of this year!

Thanks for help. Figured as much, very unfair of Ebid. It's only pennies but its the principle of the thing, very irritating as it was my first sale of this year!
    Congrats on first sale of the year!

But why did you have to cancel? Depending on the reason, I imagine ebid might waive the fee.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    Forum Posts

Buyer altered delivery address after payment, which is a no go area regards paypal. It's only pennies in commission but might chase it up anyway as 'every penny counts' now days!

Buyer altered delivery address after payment, which is a no go area regards paypal. It's only pennies in commission but might chase it up anyway as 'every penny counts' now days!
    I used to ask the buyer which was there correct address. Now I have it stating "make sure your address on PayPal is up to date as that is where item will be sent" on my listings.
    I also state that on any Invoices I send.
    Nowadays, if the address is different on here, I send to the one on Paypal.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always go through Ebid to cancel sales where the buyer is trying to change the conditions. Usually sorted within a few hours. Deal with Paypal after sale cancelled with Ebid.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I had a buyer purchase an item yesterday and they paid right away. Buyer was new to eBid. When I compared PayPal address to eBid address it was slightly different, so I can only assume that they moved and didn't change PayPal address. I sent a message via eBid system but haven't received a response yet. If they don't respond, I guess I'll refund and cancel. Is that what other sellers here would do?

Thread Information