eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancelling a sale

Default Re: Cancelling a sale

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I had a buyer purchase an item yesterday and they paid right away. Buyer was new to eBid. When I compared PayPal address to eBid address it was slightly different, so I can only assume that they moved and didn't change PayPal address. I sent a message via eBid system but haven't received a response yet. If they don't respond, I guess I'll refund and cancel. Is that what other sellers here would do?

The slight difference in address could be one is work and the other is home.
    If they paid with PayPal, you should have their email address too, which you could try sending a message that way.
    In your situation, i'd nudge the message twice, and after a week if no response, either send item to PayPal registered address (that way you're covered if they say it didn't arrive), or cancel the sale and loose out on the fee's you've incured from the payment.
    Of course it all depends on the value of what you're sending, and whether it's recorded shipping or not.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    The slight difference in address could be one is work and the other is home.
    If they paid with PayPal, you should have their email address too, which you could try sending a message that way.
    In your situation, i'd nudge the message twice, and after a week if no response, either send item to PayPal registered address (that way you're covered if they say it didn't arrive), or cancel the sale and loose out on the fee's you've incured from the payment.
    Of course it all depends on the value of what you're sending, and whether it's recorded shipping or not.

Jason
    Yes. That's what I had in mind. The message that I sent should end up in their email inbox, so I would just nudge a bit or send another message. Give them some time and if they don't respond refund and cancel. It's a low value item and the eBid fees are not significant, so that isn't an issue. If they've moved then they need to change PayPal anyway. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yes. That's what I had in mind. The message that I sent should end up in their email inbox, so I would just nudge a bit or send another message. Give them some time and if they don't respond refund and cancel. It's a low value item and the eBid fees are not significant, so that isn't an issue. If they've moved then they need to change PayPal anyway. Thanks for taking the time to respond, Jason.
    If I understand correctly, Jason is suggesting you also send them a message direct to their email address (which is available to you in the paypal payment notification email you've received). I agree with Jason, it's what I'd do as well.

Apologies if you already understood that.

I hope you get it sorted.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 5th March 2018 at 10:31 PM.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information