eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting Photos

Default Re: Posting Photos

Not a big issue for me and I find it a better system
    in fact when I compare this to the other big site, I'm starting to notice how better it is, like bulk edit here is great, the other site you have to be have a monthly paying account to do certain functions.

And your missing one major factor in your unhappiness - Your paying 3%, no listing fees its worth the extra time to put photos on

Quote Originally Posted by leerebay26 View Post
    Not a big issue for me and I find it a better system
    in fact when I compare this to the other big site, I'm starting to notice how better it is, like bulk edit here is great, the other site you have to be have a monthly paying account to do certain functions.

And your missing one major factor in your unhappiness - Your paying 3%, no listing fees its worth the extra time to put photos on

Also on the other site, you can't load pictures for more than one listing at a time ... or use pictures for more than one listing.

I also have no problem with uploading photos, either in Ninja Lister or when creating listings online using "List Similar" or a template. You should be selecting multiple images (using the Ctrl or Shift key) in the online listing form before hitting the "Start Upload" button, rather than selecting and uploading one image at a time. The time differences are negligible between this and the other sites, once you've become acquainted with the options.

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tried some of the above but still want the previously requested changes, which would not detract from the "ninjas" but would help old arthritic fogies like myself!!!!!!
    So if the rest of you "i`m alright Jack`s" don`t mind, the others who think it is nonsense to continue the present system (cut it down to 2 actions max), should have their say & be listened to!!!!!!!! After all, we don`t live under Corbyn`s Communist Party yet!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    Tried some of the above but still want the previously requested changes, which would not detract from the "ninjas" but would help old arthritic fogies like myself!!!!!!
    So if the rest of you "i`m alright Jack`s" don`t mind, the others who think it is nonsense to continue the present system (cut it down to 2 actions max), should have their say & be listened to!!!!!!!! After all, we don`t live under Corbyn`s Communist Party yet!!!!!!!
    Please explain how you suggest it be narrowed down to just 2 actions (step-by-step explanation if possible)?

Also, what has politics got to do with this?

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Not sure OP understands what Ninja Lister is?

It is a spreadsheet designed for ebid to list multi items quicker then listing one by one on the site itself. you create a template on there and edit it to what you require and then you can list hundreds maybe thousands of items at a time once you have downloaded it to ebid. I use it to list comic books and normally list any where from 20 to a 100 items at a time.

Once I have made the template for the auction there is only normally very few things I have to changer per Item mainly issue number, date, category and yep you guessed it photo. If I have the photo in my laptop/pc it only takes 3 steps to import a picture per listing on ninja Lister.

If the amount of steps for importing a picture on the site direct is that bigger a issue to yourself then why not explore this avenue first? by all means discuss the issue with the staff think there is still the ask support option.

If you are looking for the ninja Lister it is under my eBid then Bulk Uploads then the link that says download eBid Ninja Lister V2.11.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Please explain how you suggest it be narrowed down to just 2 actions (step-by-step explanation if possible)?

Jason

1. My techie solution is that I bulk upload my pictures, usually several thousand at a time to a webhost by FTP, and the name of the picture is always the same as the SKU number.
    2. Then I use a spreadsheet, Ebidloader, to upload listings, again often a thousand or more at a time.
    3. I enter the SKU number of the first listing into the spreadsheet, column V, and then the spreadsheet fills in all the rest of the SKUs with a simple +1 calculation.
    4. And then the image column, column F, in the spreadsheet automatically generates the image location on the web with a concatenate calculation ("http://webhost details/" + SKU +".jpg")

I guess this is uploading thousands of pictures with no actions at all, apart from entering the SKU of my first listing into a spreadsheet.
    Last edited by billsstamps; 4th April 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post

Jason
    Politics came into this, as you & a few others are just not listening & trying to say "i`m all right, sod the rest & trying to impose solutions, when a simplification of the system would suffice - which in no way would be a detriment to your way of working"!!!!
    Anyway, as i have only had one sale on E bid (that being a mistaken price eagerly found by another seller on here), it hardly matters, as it looks like i will have to suffer the monopolistic Yankee version, where at least i have sold over £5k so far this year to a meagre £24.99 on E bid!!!!!!! Says it all really!!!!

Politics came into this, as you & a few others are just not listening & trying to say "i`m all right, sod the rest & trying to impose solutions, when a simplification of the system would suffice - which in no way would be a detriment to your way of working"!!!!
    Anyway, as i have only had one sale on E bid (that being a mistaken price eagerly found by another seller on here), it hardly matters, as it looks like i will have to suffer the monopolistic Yankee version, where at least i have sold over £5k so far this year to a meagre £24.99 on E bid!!!!!!! Says it all really!!!!
    Ah, so that's why you tried to bring politics into this.
    Unfortunately, we are listening, it just so happens those who arent' "listening" do not find the current system to be that big of a problem/deal when it comes to adding photo's.

Have I taken insult or had a hissy fit when any of my sugestions have been knocked back or not actioned... no.
    I've asked for and suggested that the "Not Known" on the international shipping menu be changed to "Please Inquire", and nothing came of it other than others suggesting that adding prices to the listing when created is easier, which I now do (and am currently updating those listing affected).
    I've also asked for different store categories to be added, with none of them happening.
    I've also noticed that when other categories have been added that affect my listings, I have to change the category for those listings as they end up in a completely wrong category.

I say congarts to you on having made so much on the other side this year so far, but have you directed any of those individuals here, or priced your items to reflect the lower fee's incured here?

At the end of the day, everyone is allowed their own opinions/views, and if an individual or individuals don't agree with that, then that is their choice. But to say someone is not listening to you because they don't agree with you is a bit narrow minded in my opinion.

Anyway, enough of my "rant".

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Hmmm Have read this tread again sorry can't fine anyone not listening to you TBH if no one replied to the tread THEN it would be more likely no one is listening to you.

What I have read is that most people that have took the time to reply to you with help and there experiences to help you solve a problem you have with this site.

As you have been only a member for about 3 months you may not be aware of a few things with the site and this is mainly why myself and others were providing you with alternatives to your problem.

You have used the contact support option to bring up this problem to the admin? If not then I would suggest that would be the best cause of action to have your concerns looked into and even perhaps get a fix you maybe right this may make everyone who uses your method of listing life a lot easier and you may become a hero. Why not even post a tread in the website glitch topic you may get admin help from there?

Not sure where you reference to the communist party or politics comes from if you are referring to maybe all ebiders stick together or something like that then think you maybe a little off the mark. This site is a lot of hard work but if you are willing to put the effort in and learn a few things about real eCommerce rather the greed bay ways you can see result.

TBH I and many others that have been here a while and have sold our fair share of stuff would be willing to look over you listing and offer advise and help but from this post it shows me that you would not be the kind of person that would take constructive criticism well so perhaps it is not the best Idea to offer you any advise if we get the replies like the one above.

If your intention was to post here to gloat about the 5k you have made on greed bay then to be honest a lot of people her are not to fazed by this as we have all been there and done that or do you think you are the only one here that uses both sites?

Summing up you have a lot to learn about this site and the ways to make sales to be honest would be better to get some time under ya belt here before you call people Communist for trying to help you.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Thread Information