Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting Photos

Default Re: Posting Photos

I don't find the photo system here to be a problem. Photos from computer uploaded to eBid photo gallery. Tick the photos to insert in listing. Go back to listing page and rearrange if I want to. Done. Plus, the increase to 15 photographs is good.

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

No techie, so have to post photos one at a time & can assure you, i have timed it as 5 (yes five) times longer than fee bay!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why oh why can you not reduce number of actions from 5 to 1 or 2 & start with 5 or so photo slots already open? Do the webmasters here not even understand the frustration, especially when we are faced with 1 sale to 50 on fee bay?
    Just put another 5 items up & wonder whether it is worth the bother?
    So happy to find something British to support but like a lot of things, Britain could do a lot better!!!!!!!!!!

A person doesn't have to open up photo slots in a listing to post photographs. Start with the one photo slot in the listing. Click add photo. Upload however many photographs you want. Tick them. They will be added to the listing. Go back to the listing page and rearrange them if a person wants to.

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem.

No issue here with putting pictures on

A seller tip if you don't already know - Go to edit do nothing new then save and you'll see more Social Media options to link your item to, like Pinterest, facebook etc even on view item you get some options but more in the saved section and you should always spam this for each item to atleast increase views

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    No techie, so have to post photos one at a time & can assure you, i have timed it as 5 (yes five) times longer than fee bay!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why oh why can you not reduce number of actions from 5 to 1 or 2 & start with 5 or so photo slots already open? Do the webmasters here not even understand the frustration, especially when we are faced with 1 sale to 50 on fee bay?
    Just put another 5 items up & wonder whether it is worth the bother?
    So happy to find something British to support but like a lot of things, Britain could do a lot better!!!!!!!!!!
    It would be impossible to reduce it to 1 action, for if you did, then as soon as you click "add photo" (either here or on Ebay) it would have to know which folder on your PC/Laptop that you are adding photo's from. If you only have one folder, then maybe the time difference is in how many photo's you have to scroll through to get to the ones you require.
    As stated by a number of other members already, you get up to 15 slots to start with, all you have to do is highlight the photo's you wish to add in one go for whichever listing you are creating.

Timed it myself for adding just 3 pics from clicking "add photo", moving from one folder on my pc to another, selecting 3 photo's, to photo being on listing;
    eBid - 41 seconds
    Ebay - 31 seconds

So yes, Ebay is faster, but not 5 times.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe the OP is not using the Advanced Form ??

I use Ninja Lister which is easy for adding photos.

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Firstly it can take 41 seconds for me to post 1 photo & why do we need so many actions, when 2 would suffice?!!!!!!!!! On Fee bay, i can start looking for the second photo, while the first is downloading, while here, have to wait while the circle makes my eyes water, sometimes not even stopping & have to re-load!!!
    For the last poster, i am neither Japanese or bent, so never had recourse to a Ninja Lister, though i hear they do decent diesel engines!!! lol
    Anyone offering advice to an old git - need help to arrive in 21st Century, though have some preferences for the 19th!!!!!!!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Firstly it can take 41 seconds for me to post 1 photo & why do we need so many actions, when 2 would suffice?!!!!!!!!! On Fee bay, i can start looking for the second photo, while the first is downloading, while here, have to wait while the circle makes my eyes water, sometimes not even stopping & have to re-load!!!
    For the last poster, i am neither Japanese or bent, so never had recourse to a Ninja Lister, though i hear they do decent diesel engines!!! lol
    Anyone offering advice to an old git - need help to arrive in 21st Century, though have some preferences for the 19th!!!!!!!
    Do you use eBid Photo Gallery (My Gallery) as suggested by FirstGreenIsGold in post #11? You don't need all the clicks if you do. You can select multiple pictures and insert them into a listing in one go.

You can highlight and therefore download up to 20 photo's at a time (you could do more but the download page only shows the first 20 unless you go to page 2 etc...), although at the moment you can only use 15 of them on any one listing which should be more than enough.
    Once you've downloaded said amount of photo's, you then tick the checkbox for the ones you want on the listing (if you've uploaded more photo's than you need, i'e. photo's for 2 or more listings).

Even on eBay there are more than 2 actions to load photo's.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    eBid - 41 seconds
    Ebay - 31 seconds

So yes, Ebay is faster, but not 5 times.

Jason
    Developers who are passionate see 25% slower as a challenge worth striving to overcome.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information