Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Posting Photos

Forum Newbie
    View slpsearch's Feedback (+2)
    All-About slpsearch
    View slpsearch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Posting Photos

It may be that some are listening but providing solutions that bypass the problem rather than solving it for an ancient non techie!!!!!!!!!!
    As to promoting Ebid, i have posted elsewhere that all my buyers on fee bay receive:
    Hi,
    Thank you for your winning bid & I confirm that your item has now been posted.
    Any winning bid over £10 should either have tracked or signed for delivery, though anything that sells below that figure, I reserve the right to send by normal delivery.
    If you like the item, please give positive feedback when you can.
    If you are still looking for items, please find below my shop details with E Bid, the cheaper & less monopolistic UK competitor to E Bay:

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ction-for-sale

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ed-Memorabilia

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Charl...racters-Books-

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...d-Collectables

Thank you again & good luck with your future bids.

That reminds me, just added 5th shop, so should add to my message!!!!!

As to constructive criticism, please feel free, though bear in mind my obvious limitations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    It may be that some are listening but providing solutions that bypass the problem rather than solving it for an ancient non techie!!!!!!!!!!
    As to promoting Ebid, i have posted elsewhere that all my buyers on fee bay receive:
    Hi,
    Any winning bid over £10 should either have tracked or signed for delivery, though anything that sells below that figure, I reserve the right to send by normal delivery.
    If you are still looking for items, please find below my shop details with E Bid, the cheaper & less monopolistic UK competitor to E Bay:

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ction-for-sale

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...ed-Memorabilia

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Charl...racters-Books-

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Phils...d-Collectables

As to constructive criticism, please feel free, though bear in mind my obvious limitations!!!!
    Okay that's great but how are you going to advertise your presents on ebid to the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet that haven't brought from you on greed bay? Also links 2 and 3 on this are broken and do not take you to your listings so would fix these first.

Do you use social media? eg facebook,twitter,google plus,and pinterest? This is an easy way for you to advertise your ebid items to millions of people with very lite effort. If you look at each of your listings the top right hand side has all the social media logo chick one log in to you social media and the listing is the posted there easy.
    If you don't have social media then it only takes a couple of minute to set up an account with most of them. If you only want to use one of the social media site just to advertise you ebid stock and listings then try and set it up in the same name as the store you want to promote from here eg. My stores name is Hush's Comic book world so have set up a pinterest page with that name on and post my items to that. A lot of people think that there is not point in using social media for you listing but you will be surprised how many people see listing from just this.

The next thing I have noticed having a quick look at your listings is you have set them up in a bad format for this site. I know this site is advertise as an auction site but auctions very rarely work on here unless it is a charity auction. Greed bay has so much more traffic it now being a household name that auctions work well there but here the traffic is a lot less (unless you drive your own here) so you are very rarely going to get a bidding war for you items in an auction. Also the way you have listed your items the listings over time will gradually move to the bottom of search's as more and more items with newer item numbers appear on the site. So unless someone types in to a search bar the exact tittle you have listed up your item as there is less chance of it being seen. The next worse way to list items is the run until sold option the same thing happens to them.

If you look a mine and a lot of the old heads here's listing you will see that they are set up as something called auto re-posts this means that they will run for a set amount of days then end and start again. Mine run for 10 days with 10 re-posts this means that my listings will highlight in the newly listed section on the front page of the site once every ten days and will also appear in the closing soon section on the front page once every ten days. Also every time the item is relisted it will get a new auction number and will appear higher in the searches against the run until sold items and the stagnant auctions like the ones you have listed. The only down side to this is you have to re-list your items every one hundred days but that only take 2 minutes to do.

Next thing are your items showing in google searches? have you checked? and I don't mean by just copying and pasting your tittle in to google. Have just done this to your Australian Antarctic Territory Stamps 1973 set of 12 - SG.23/34 - 2 sets UMM

and this only brings up your store tenth on the first page and not the item but one of you stores. Also you have listed the same Item in greed bay and with exactly the same tittle and all there links appear first. The tittle doesn't appear in google shopping section and or any other kind of variation of this tittle so it doesn't look like your listings are google ready which again is stunting your growth.
    This is where things get a little bit more complicated but can work for your item both hear and on greed bay. First thing I would do is look at your meta keywords you have for your store to find this go to your my ebid,click on my ebid stores, there will appear a drop down bar select the store you want to look at. This will bring up all the background details of your store. In section 2 of this at the bottom will be a grid in each on of these boxes you can put a word (one per box) these will help search engines drive traffic to you listings. What to put in the boxes is up to you but think of how people would search for your Items in a search engine. If i use myself as example I would put things like Comics,Book's,Marvel,DC,batman etc etc you get the idea. The more of these boxes you can fill with words that people would use in searches the better.

Next your listing themselves are good apart from the titles. don't use the abbreviations at the end this confuses google and other search engines. There is no point putting in the title things like near mint brand new with tags or abbreviations of such these would be better placed in the first 2 lines of the auction also where possible use a different description from the title in the first 2 lines of the listing this will also help with searches.
    The last thing for now would be that if you item does not have a bar code make sure you fill out the bar code box on the listing as EXEMPT in caps can't remember why but this also helps put the listing in google and other search engines and if it does have a bar code then make sure you add this.

Hope some of this makes sense and helps feel free to pm me if you require any more help with anything above.
    Last edited by hush77hush; 6th April 2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Newbie
    All-About slpsearch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    Okay that's great but how are you going to advertise your presents on ebid to the rest of the 7 billion people on the planet that haven't brought from you on greed bay? Also links 2 and 3 on this are broken and do not take you to your listings so would fix these first.

Do you use social media? eg facebook,twitter,google plus,and pinterest? This is an easy way for you to advertise your ebid items to millions of people with very lite effort. If you look at each of your listings the top right hand side has all the social media logo chick one log in to you social media and the listing is the posted there easy.
    If you don't have social media then it only takes a couple of minute to set up an account with most of them. If you only want to use one of the social media site just to advertise you ebid stock and listings then try and set it up in the same name as the store you want to promote from here eg. My stores name is Hush's Comic book world so have set up a pinterest page with that name on and post my items to that. A lot of people think that there is not point in using social media for you listing but you will be surprised how many people see listing from just this.

The next thing I have noticed having a quick look at your listings is you have set them up in a bad format for this site. I know this site is advertise as an auction site but auctions very rarely work on here unless it is a charity auction. Greed bay has so much more traffic it now being a household name that auctions work well there but here the traffic is a lot less (unless you drive your own here) so you are very rarely going to get a bidding war for you items in an auction. Also the way you have listed your items the listings over time will gradually move to the bottom of search's as more and more items with newer item numbers appear on the site. So unless someone types in to a search bar the exact tittle you have listed up your item as there is less chance of it being seen. The next worse way to list items is the run until sold option the same thing happens to them.

If you look a mine and a lot of the old heads here's listing you will see that they are set up as something called auto re-posts this means that they will run for a set amount of days then end and start again. Mine run for 10 days with 10 re-posts this means that my listings will highlight in the newly listed section on the front page of the site once every ten days and will also appear in the closing soon section on the front page once every ten days. Also every time the item is relisted it will get a new auction number and will appear higher in the searches against the run until sold items and the stagnant auctions like the ones you have listed. The only down side to this is you have to re-list your items every one hundred days but that only take 2 minutes to do.

Next thing are your items showing in google searches? have you checked? and I don't mean by just copying and pasting your tittle in to google. Have just done this to your Australian Antarctic Territory Stamps 1973 set of 12 - SG.23/34 - 2 sets UMM

and this only brings up your store tenth on the first page and not the item but one of you stores. Also you have listed the same Item in greed bay and with exactly the same tittle and all there links appear first. The tittle doesn't appear in google shopping section and or any other kind of variation of this tittle so it doesn't look like your listings are google ready which again is stunting your growth.
    This is where things get a little bit more complicated but can work for your item both hear and on greed bay. First thing I would do is look at your meta keywords you have for your store to find this go to your my ebid,click on my ebid stores, there will appear a drop down bar select the store you want to look at. This will bring up all the background details of your store. In section 2 of this at the bottom will be a grid in each on of these boxes you can put a word (one per box) these will help search engines drive traffic to you listings. What to put in the boxes is up to you but think of how people would search for your Items in a search engine. If i use myself as example I would put things like Comics,Book's,Marvel,DC,batman etc etc you get the idea. The more of these boxes you can fill with words that people would use in searches the better.

Next your listing themselves are good apart from the titles. don't use the abbreviations at the end this confuses google and other search engines. There is no point putting in the title things like near mint brand new with tags or abbreviations of such these would be better placed in the first 2 lines of the auction also where possible use a different description from the title in the first 2 lines of the listing this will also help with searches.
    The last thing for now would be that if you item does not have a bar code make sure you fill out the bar code box on the listing as EXEMPT in caps can't remember why but this also helps put the listing in google and other search engines and if it does have a bar code then make sure you add this.

Hope some of this makes sense and helps feel free to pm me if you require any more help with anything above.
    Thanks for your informative comments & will look into making those changes.
    Nice to have constructive criticism, put in a simple straightforward way - ta muchly.
    Philip

Forum Newbie
    All-About slpsearch
    Forum Posts

Well hush hush, it seems that your title is also applicable to EBid? Have made most of the changes you suggested, 14 days with 10 autos, EXEMPT, checked Meta`s & even reduced pricing to auction starting price on `other place` & still not one sale!!
    Starting to think of my EBid shops as a good filing system for items for sale elsewhere!!!!!!!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About slpsearch
    Forum Posts

Well, since last post, two items sold, so progress of some sort!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slpsearch View Post
    Hi,

No to be picky or rude, but just pointing out.

Had a look at a couple of your items.

Dickens a Gossip About His Life, Works and Characters – Cassell, 1895, (Barnard) which you have at £70.99 on here, yet you have it on Ebay at £59.99. Also someone could by the actual book with all the prints for £49.99 on ebay.
    Kodak Brownie 127 Bakelite Camera in good condition at £14.99 on here, yet on ebay it can be bought for anything from £4.99 to £35.00, however the average Sold price is around £8.00

And before you say it, Yes, I too most likely have items in my shop that are sold by others and are cheaper on the other site.

And at the end of the day, it's your items and you can price them as you wish.

Anyway, hope you get more sales.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    -, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    All-About krealm
    View krealm's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a web developer I would agree that the 'new listing' page - and the photos section in particular - could benefit from a little more front-end/UI/UX development. Having skimmed over the front end code it does look a little dated/legacy in some places - which could be making it very difficult for the developers.

View Tinoco's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Tinoco
    View Tinoco's Listings
    Forum Posts

The listing photos facility on ebid sucks. Waaaay too much hassle/time to list. Needs to be more like Ebay, Etsy, Bonanza, etc.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinoco View Post
    The listing photos facility on ebid sucks. Waaaay too much hassle/time to list. Needs to be more like Ebay, Etsy, Bonanza, etc.
    I'd love to say "Welcome to eBid", Tinoco, but you started with this post. You've been here for 10 days and you are not really giving yourself the time to get used to eBid.
    This morning I found that facebook has changed. I hate it but I know, from past experience, that I am very likely to get used to it.

There is loads of advice about making eBid work, but I'm guessing you have just breezed on here and carried on as you did elsewhere. Like many of us, I've sold on the dark side (we are not encouraged to name it.. it gives it honour), Etsy and several other sites, now defunct. I sell mostly here because it works for me at minimum cost.

Because I would prefer it if there were more successful sellers on here I will add some advice

Run till sold puts your listings at the bottom of most searches - use a time you find acceptable (I use 10-15 days) and maximum number of autoreposts to keep your listings in the running.

You don't sell to UK. I realise that china overseas is expensive to post but I am regularly surprised at what people will pay to get exactly what they want.
    Last edited by madelaine; 20th July 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2288)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally I use Ninja lister, which runs exactly like turbo lister. I have my basic template and add photos, once ready I upload them and as long as no issues they'll be up & running in minutes I use the wysiwyg layout so I can see what the page will look like

Thread Information